PS2 making grinding noise when loading games?

It is also giving me alot of Disc Read Errors. So I open it up to
change the laser voltage. But I can't find the laser voltage screws.
Can someone explain to me where it is? Or point me to an online site
that has a picture of the process.

henree64@hotmail.com wrote:

> It is also giving me alot of Disc Read Errors. So I open it up to
> change the laser voltage. But I can't find the laser voltage screws.
> Can someone explain to me where it is? Or point me to an online site
> that has a picture of the process.

the first thing to do is check that the laser arm is seated properly.
the vibrating noise is the arm slipping on its thread. I think it is
at the right hand side of the drive, usually white plastic sitting on
a thread bar, just make sure it is in place with a little movement,
maybe put a little grease or something on the thread too.

instructions for the rest can be found here

http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look