PS2 making grinding noise when loading games?

It is also giving me alot of Disc Read Errors. So I open it up to
change the laser voltage. But I can't find the laser voltage screws.
Can someone explain to me where it is? Or point me to an online site
that has a picture of the process.
3 answers Last reply
More about making grinding noise loading games

    henree64@hotmail.com wrote:

    > It is also giving me alot of Disc Read Errors. So I open it up to
    > change the laser voltage. But I can't find the laser voltage screws.
    > Can someone explain to me where it is? Or point me to an online site
    > that has a picture of the process.

    the first thing to do is check that the laser arm is seated properly.
    the vibrating noise is the arm slipping on its thread. I think it is
    at the right hand side of the drive, usually white plastic sitting on
    a thread bar, just make sure it is in place with a little movement,
    maybe put a little grease or something on the thread too.

    instructions for the rest can be found here

    http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look

    Cool thanks I hope this works...

    henree64@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Cool thanks I hope this works...

    so do I :O)
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Games