Changing order of startup programs

August 23, 2004 11:23:49 PM

Is there a way to change the order in which programs start
that start with windows, but are not in the startup folder?
I get security errors because my anti-virus software
starts after the "windows security alerts" program starts,
so it says it is installed but cannot verify that it is ok.
Thank you for any help,

Mark
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 3:31:21 AM

Hi Mark,

Are you running Windows XP with SP2 ? If so, then the problem is not what you think. The security centre is just unable
to get the status of your anti-virus software. Maybe you should update your Anti-virus software with the latest patches
and that should solve your problem.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"mark" <molney14u@msn.com> wrote in message news:be3c01c48981$63c33320$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Is there a way to change the order in which programs start
> that start with windows, but are not in the startup folder?
> I get security errors because my anti-virus software
> starts after the "windows security alerts" program starts,
> so it says it is installed but cannot verify that it is ok.
> Thank you for any help,
>
> Mark
August 24, 2004 3:31:22 AM

yes I am using SP2, and have the latest updates for Norton
Anti-virus, and the definitions are up to date.
The reason I thought it was a startup order problem is I
noticed that norton was starting after windows security.
Not a problem really since I really doubt what windows
tells me about security anyway.
Is there a way to disable windows security alerts from
running at all?
I mean I know whats active and not active on my computer
already.
August 24, 2004 4:00:48 AM

Yes you can disable Windows Security Centre from alerting you about the status of your anti-virus software. Open the
security centre by clicking on that baloon and on the left side of the security centre, click on "Change the way
security centre alerts me" and then uncheck "Virus protection".

--

"mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:be5a01c48983$ec1d49c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]
August 24, 2004 4:06:21 AM

Ya I found it, (helps if you look first then ask!!) Thanks
for helping me out. This is the best forum for quick

Thanks again and I hope that I can return the help for
someone else, thats what makes the forum work!!

mark
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 2:57:16 PM

You are welcome Mark !