Corsair AX750 broken?

brialona

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hey,

I read that the AX750 fan is not supposed to spin until it reaches a certain temp/load. However, i ran prime for about 30 min and the fan still didn't spin. Is the fan broken or was the psu not worked hard enough? Is there a way to test the fan to see if it works?

Specs:

i5-2500
hyper 212 plus
asrock z68
8 gigs ram
560 ti
antec 300

Thanks!

Solution
The Corsair AX750 operates in fanless mode until the system draws more than 150 Watts from the combined DC output rails.

Since you don't have an i5-2500K that you can overclock to at least 4.7 GHz or higher the PSU is going to remain in fanless operation.

Try running Furmark to get your GeForce GTX 560 Ti to draw its maximum power (i.e. it should be over 210 Watts), then the PSU's fan should ramp up into quiet mode.

Once you exceed a power draw of 375 Watts then the fan will begin to ramp up above its quiet mode.

You can always add a second GeForce GTX 560 Ti in 2-way SLI and then run Furmark.
Prime might not bump up the power requirement enough to spin the fan.
How hot does the PSU exhaust seem when you hold your hand near the vent?

Have you run any games yet? Getting the CPU and GPU to operate together should get the PSU fan spinning.

The Corsair AX750 operates in fanless mode until the system draws more than 150 Watts from the combined DC output rails.

Since you don't have an i5-2500K that you can overclock to at least 4.7 GHz or higher the PSU is going to remain in fanless operation.

Try running Furmark to get your GeForce GTX 560 Ti to draw its maximum power (i.e. it should be over 210 Watts), then the PSU's fan should ramp up into quiet mode.

Once you exceed a power draw of 375 Watts then the fan will begin to ramp up above its quiet mode.

You can always add a second GeForce GTX 560 Ti in 2-way SLI and then run Furmark.

Solution

brialona

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

Thanks! My fan started spinning so its not broken!