A good $100 motherboard

prlol

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I am planning to build a gaming pc with the i5-3570k. I intend to overclock it to 4.5Ghz. I don't really know which motherboard (standard atx) I need for this. I don't care about crossfire/sli as I'll only be using a single card. I just want something to support fast ram and cpu overclocking. However, my budget is wearing thin. I know that 3 good options are:
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155
AND: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155
AND: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77

However, I was wondering if I can go cheaper (~$100 or lower) to get the job done?

Solution
The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is the option that I would choice. Forget about using RAM faster than DDR 3 1600 it just isnt worth the extra cost. While it is possible to go with a board like like the ASRock Z77 Pro4 you are really going to start pushing the ability of the board to deal with the overclocking effectively.

Eananders

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Everything is good, just make sure that they are good overclockers and have the features you want. The only thing that would make or break a mobo is the RAM compatibility for me.

The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is the option that I would choice. Forget about using RAM faster than DDR 3 1600 it just isnt worth the extra cost. While it is possible to go with a board like like the ASRock Z77 Pro4 you are really going to start pushing the ability of the board to deal with the overclocking effectively.

Solution