LGA-1366 i7 950 processor in LGA 2011 boaed ?

arnab096

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I have a gigabyte ga-x58a- UD3R rev2.0 motherboard but i want to change it so that i can buy a pcie 3.0 slot motherboard .
But I have a i7-950 processor which is LGA-1366 socket B type, can this processor will fit into the newest motherboards which has PCIE3.0 slot and socket type LGA-2011 ??

arnab096

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Well its not for the pcie3.0 its because the processor is overheating at idle stage.
In coretemp the 4 cores temp is like 46-50 which is very unlikely and in bios the cpu temp is showing above 61 degrees centigrade now how I know that while I'm in os mode because the temp led indicator of the motherboard is green (temp between 61-80 degree C) i have applied artic silver 5 as thermal paste in the stock cooler and applied it accordingly to the instruction of artic silver. I am dissapointed because its a replaced board. I have to replace my previous Gigabyte GA UD3-R rev2.0 because of lan port and what I got in return is a damaged board whose cpu temp is very high. In my previous UD3-R I have never seen a green temp led with the stock cooler and stock thermalpaste but now after applying artic silver the performance is reverse which is why I think the board is damaged which they gave me. When I am giving 20% load to the cpu the led indicator turns red which is above 80 degrees C. So tell me what shoul I do .
I read the previous topics regarding cpu over temperature in Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3-R rev2.0 all replies regarding check if the heatsink is properly fitted and so on . So please tell me what should I do ...

Xttony

Distinguished
Get a used 1366 motherboard that is cheap. Or better go for a new coprocessor too as you are willing to buy another motherboard. I have the same board and have been using for 4 years now with no problems.
Have you overclocked your processor?
If you want a cheaper solution get an aftermarket cooler, liquid cooling because you're temperatures are too high.

arnab096

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Thanks for replying . Today I am going to the gigabyte support center to change my board lets see what happens . Btw I am totaly freaked out about this problem when I bought these products 2 years ago I thought it would give no such problems or the LGA1366 chip is not gonna absolute but now after replacement my board showing this overheating problem. Lets see what the support center buddies have to say about this problem they asked me to bring my whole system.

arnab096

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

And they just did.. They are so ameture that they could not reassembled my whole system and took the motherboard again for replacement.

One thing I have to ask .. One of their support center guy dropped my i7 950 processor from say about 4ft above and it dropped facing the metal case on the floor they said nothings gonna happen but I'm scared .
Is this a serious issue should I be concerned about it plzz reply .

Adam Landsberg

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hi Arnab096

Listen this temp is normal for the lga1366 cpu's.

My i7 950 runs @ 65c -80c so you ok...
I found that the chipset was getting hotter than the cpu.
Maybe cooling it down will help you..