Best z77 gaming board

hentaiboi_

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
good day guys... i am looking for a very good z77 motherboard that has the best price performance ratio... maximus V extreme is too expensive for me about $575 here in the philippines so the pc store gave me 3 good boards... does the motherboard need to be high end? my opinion is the Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3... but before choosing anything, I really need your help guys... will place the order in a few days... thanks...

you can give good suggestions... other than this list...

Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional

MSI MPower

Solution
I'm gonna go with the MSI Z77A-GD55 on this one. I have the GD65 (which is basically the GD55 but with Lucid Virtu MVP. Virtu MVP sucks anyway) and to be honest, it's actually what I consider a high-end feature set, mainstream chipset motherboard at a decent price. It only has 4 USB 3.0 ports though (2 in the back, 2 internal). While it really isn't a turn off for me (I don't need that much USB 3.0 ports), you might want to consider that as well.

EzioAs

Distinguished
I'm not saying expensive high end boards are bad (they had their perks) but you could probably settle for something around $150 or so and still get most of the performance (unless there are some special controller, configuration, ports, extra features you really need). The money saved could go to something like a better video card or larger capacity ssd or decent sound card or better case or anything else that you feel is lacking.

hentaiboi_

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
1 more question... which of the 3 brands is more reliable in terms of price performance ratio... your pick will be the best answer...

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H

MSI Z77A-GD55

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

ASRock Z77 Extreme6

ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS

EzioAs

Distinguished
I'm gonna go with the MSI Z77A-GD55 on this one. I have the GD65 (which is basically the GD55 but with Lucid Virtu MVP. Virtu MVP sucks anyway) and to be honest, it's actually what I consider a high-end feature set, mainstream chipset motherboard at a decent price. It only has 4 USB 3.0 ports though (2 in the back, 2 internal). While it really isn't a turn off for me (I don't need that much USB 3.0 ports), you might want to consider that as well.

Solution