CPU overheating in gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3-R motherboard

arnab096

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
What should I do ? I have these problem I am trying to express as much as I can please help.
In coretemp the 4 cores temp is like 46-50 which is very unlikely and in bios the cpu temp is showing above 61 degrees centigrade, now how I know that while I'm in OS mode because the temp led indicator of the motherboard is green (temp between 61-80 degree C) i have applied artic silver 5 as thermal paste in the stock cooler and applied it accordingly to the instruction of artic silver. I am dissapointed because its a replaced board. I have to replace my previous Gigabyte GA UD3-R rev2.0 because of lan port and what I got in return is a damaged board whose cpu temp is very high. In my previous UD3-R I have never seen a green temp led with the stock cooler and stock thermalpaste but now after applying artic silver the performance is reverse which is why I think the board is damaged which they gave me. When I am giving 20% load to the cpu the led indicator turns red which is above 80 degrees C. So tell me what shoul I do .
I read the previous topics regarding cpu over temperature in Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3-R rev2.0 all replies regarding check if the heatsink is properly fitted and so on . So please tell me what should I do ...

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3-R rev 2.0
Processor- Intel core i7 950 LGA1366 Socket B (Bloomfield)

You can use an aftermarket cpu heatsink, but do not continue to re-aply thermal paste. Handle your cpu and other components as little as possible until you can order a better heatsink, such as the hyper 212 or other 120mm brand. It won't kill your cpu to run it briefly above 72c; if you're gaming, stop until your new heatsink comes in. I sometimes flip the board over to be sure all the plastic heatsink pins are secure underneath.

Hello... thermal paste is needed to fill the Microscopic AIR gaps between metals... More is not better... Metal to Metal is best, and Some people will hand polish their heatsinks and even CPU's to a mirror like finish... Clean your CPU and Heat sink first, with alcohol and tissue paper, to remove previous paste, apply a drop thermal paste, Rub with your finger to both the CPU and Heatsink, apply more as needed to fill and cover the porous surface of your Heatsink and CPU... NO MORE or NO LESS... it is important that the metals come in contact with each other, and too much Thermal Paste can prevent this... if the above proceedure was done correctly, within a week of normal use, you will see your CPU temperature, start to decrease, as the Thermal Paste will flow, allowing more metal to metal contact between the CPU and HeatSink.

arnab096

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Thanks for response but as I said there was not such type of problem occurred with my previous board and as much as I know I have applied the thermal paste artic silver 5 very carefully following the instruction.
The system is starting with the CPU temp above 55-60 from shutdown state and when the machine is turning on the CPU temp in bios is exceeding 61 degree C and the temp led indicator glows and when i start a game the led turns into red that means over 80 C as I told earlier there was not such problem occured with my previous board . This replaced board is showing this problem I don't think its a problem of stock heatsink or thermal paste or heatsink improperly fitted i think its the problem of the motherboard Is there any way to solve this. Is this possible cause of the motherboard ?? (And also one thing right now my room temp is 18 C)