Sign in with
Your question

560Ti OC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 12, 2011 5:22:08 PM

Just bought an ASUS CUII 560Ti, able to overclock it to 1 Ghz and 1150 mhz on core n mem with 1.075V... and got X1776 in 3D11... is that good? Also is that kind of clock normal with the volts i am pushing through

thnx

More about : 560ti

a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:32:55 PM

You could probably get a few more mhz's out of it. But other-wise that's pretty great! :sol: 
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:47:07 PM

mines takes 1.137 volts to hold a 1 ghz core and 2200 mem oc, which is a good deal more voltage then yours takes... which makes me wonder...

have you stress tested your current oc and gamed for an extended period of time?

my temps never go above 70c but I let my fan ramp up really high at times :)  personally I wouldn't push it much farther but you could try :)  that's what warranties are for :lol:  I have the same gpu and with the right setup it is definatley capable of going farther but watch your temps
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:47:35 PM

Its looks good, just remember that whenever you raise the voltage beyond factory spec, you are going to shorten the lifespan of the chip. Now with GPUs, you will probably replace yours before it becomes an issue, but something to keep in mind. I personally only OC as far the stock voltage will take me, be it a CPU or a GPU, but thats just me.
October 12, 2011 5:49:17 PM

so how long will mine be shortened by?
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:52:49 PM

personally I oc to where my system will happily bear the heat envelope so if it requires a little volage increase, all things held constant such as temps and cleaning... your gpu should be fine, by the time it dies bc of overvolting, it will likely be obsolete, at least that has been my experience plus with a 3 year warranty your covered...

the Asus model in particular is made for overvolting and its components are cpapable of maintaining the higher voltage quite well from experience with it but I think that a 1ghz oc is probably enough for long term use, but imo

"Im just gonna burn mine until it blows up then get another" of course you have to really take that statement in moderation if you want it to last but for me I think that 1 ghz is safe on the asus dc2 model enough to run for a long while...
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:53:59 PM

In the end Id stick where you are if you want more power then its time for SLI... bc oc'ing beyond the point your at may only net you 2-3 fps in most cases which will basically be unnoticeable imo
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:54:21 PM

ZiwiiQu said:
so how long will mine be shortened by?

It's different for each card. If it was me i would just keep it a stock voltages. But i do have to be honest - I don't have much experience with nvidia....
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 5:58:38 PM

^^^^

there is nothing wrong with overvolting within reason

please just do not spread assumptions

you will get more expirience as time goes on but you need to speak out of fact rather than based on your own growing knowledge, \

and cmon that putting it as nicely as possible :) 
October 12, 2011 6:26:56 PM

hmm jjb does 1 hour of furmark count? on full anti-alias and 1080p... load temp 65 degrees max
October 12, 2011 7:00:05 PM

isnt the warranty voided if you oc?
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2011 8:00:54 PM

jjb8675309 said:
^^^^

there is nothing wrong with overvolting within reason

please just do not spread assumptions

you will get more expirience as time goes on but you need to speak out of fact rather than based on your own growing knowledge, \

and cmon that putting it as nicely as possible :) 

Yeah i know your right. I have done it before though; overclocked and adjusted my voltages. :kaola: 
!