Issues since fitting Gainward Geforce GTX570 (Phantom).
I have had serious issues since installing my GTX570.
My system seems to run fine for a while and then seems to start locking up & freezing.
For example I have been playing Deus Ex:HR and quicksaves, normally instant, start taking longer and longer until finally I have to control-alt-del out.
This normally results in windows locking up and running painfully slow. And reinstalling windows is my only solution (check discs etc don’t work).
I had overclocked my i5-750 to 3.8GHz and it was tested and running stable never exceeding 80°C. I had this config before I replaced the card and never had a problem, although I am starting to think the extra power demands (im running a 750W PSU) might be contributing to my problems? I would really appreciate some advice.
Things I have tried:
• Reinstalling windows (Home ultimate SP1).
• Updated drivers (used drivermax to unsure all at new).
• Replaced hard drive (I had some issues after a while creating a partition, new HD solved that but not this).
• CPU: Intel i5-750 (2.66GHz out of the box) – clocked at 3.8GHz. CPU Voltage 1.35
• Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 P55
• RAM: Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz
• GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX570 Phantom
• PSupply: Corsair A50 750W
If you have got this far, i thank you for taking the time to read this.
More about :issues fitting gainward geforce gtx570 phantom