Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is there a case like this?

Last response: in Components
March 13, 2012 10:31:34 PM

So I'm being very picky about my case choice. Thus far on the top of my list (I acutally have one) is the Cooler Master HAF-X, which would be a perfect case for me if:

A. The USB imputs are facing upwards or even diagonally

B. There is an intake fan on the the right side of the case blowing onto the back of the CPU

Are there any cases that are similar to the Haf-X but have these options?

Thanks,

Mod

More about : case

March 14, 2012 12:15:26 AM

USB 3.0? Why do you need a fan on the back-plate? Sounds like you could just cut a hole for a fan on the back if you want it. The reason most cases don't have that is because they don't need it, at all, no one does.
m
l
March 14, 2012 1:21:58 AM

Not sure if I could cut a hole in the HAF-X since it has that stamped pattern to give more room behind the mobo tray for cables. I have thought of it though, can't really make a decision without seeing the actual case first hand.

I didn't mention anything about USB 3.0. I'm looking (for example) for the USBs to be vertical or diagonal when plugged in
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 14, 2012 2:17:03 AM

There are plenty of cases to fit anyone's needs/wants. But my question is do you know a side fan can have negative effects? I'm just trying to make sure you are getting the best possible solution. Just to name a couple I know of, cm 690 II, storm scout, storm sniper, rosewill thor, in win dragon rider, corsair 600t. I didn't mention any with a side window even though the haf x has a window but I'm just not a fan of a window. And then of course there are cases with upward facing usb without a side fan. A look at newegg gets a lot of cases with those 2 criteria. Almost forgot to mention a side fan over the cpu may also limit what hsf you can get.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
March 14, 2012 10:00:59 AM

In win dragon rider,
And @unclejehmimah, the cpu back fan actually does help the cooling on mine by a degree or two between low/full blast
Moto
m
l
March 14, 2012 12:41:56 PM

k1114 said:
Almost forgot to mention a side fan over the cpu may also limit what hsf you can get.

I don't see how since the fan is on the opposite side of the mobo tray to the heat sink & fan
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
March 14, 2012 6:34:34 PM

I think he means a sidepanel mounted fan opposite the cpu, it would limit the height of any H/s you were mounting,
He wasn't referring to the one on the rear side of the Cpu
Moto
m
l
March 14, 2012 6:40:12 PM

Ahhhhhh but noooooo. My heat sink will fit
m
l

Best solution

a c 104 ) Power supply
March 14, 2012 6:42:28 PM

Hehe, I think K11114 misread or was unaware the cases have the fan at the back of the Cpu, it really isn't that common but as I said, mine does affect temps so I wouldn't not have one now :-)
Moto
a b ) Power supply
March 15, 2012 2:55:24 AM

:sleep:  Oh I did misread, you said back of the cpu.
m
l
April 27, 2012 4:41:19 PM

Best answer selected by modbus.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
April 28, 2012 1:07:31 PM

Glad to help man, did you go for the rider?
and thank you for B.a.
Moto
m
l
April 28, 2012 4:42:10 PM

Got the HAF-X, I decided the fan blowing on the back of the mobo wasn't needed. I got all the parts for my build during the week and I'm going to build it today!
m
l
!