Corsair Vengance 16gb (4x4) quad channel fail

asroma1927

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hi,

thank you for helping me resolving this issue that is driving me crazy!

I have already tried to post this on the Homebuilt System thread but maybe this one is more appropriate. I hope to have made the right choice....in the other case I do apologize in advance.

This is my configuration:

MoBo: x79 agd 45 Msi
CPU: I7 3820 3.6ghz
RAM Corsair vengance Lp 16gb (4x4gb) (cml16gx3m4a1600c9)
Video: Nvidia gtx 660ti
Cooler:Freezer-i30 artic
ssd: intel 120gb (520 series)
hdd: wd 2tb
Psu: corsair 650W

I am facing troubles running a Quad channel ram as my Pc will only allow me to use Dimm 1 and 2. If I try to install the other two banks of ram it doesn't start and keeps on rebooting every 5 second giving me the 67 code that for my MoBo manual is "Late Cpu Initialization".

I have tested both the MoBo and the CPU for any fail sending them back to the shop but they could't find any fault.
I also run the Memtest and with the Dual channel everything seem working fine.

Where could reside the problem?

The temperature of my Cpu is quite high at the moment (70° to 80°) as I am waiting for some Thermal paste to apply on the Artic I30 cooler as I had to remove it from the Cpu in order to send it back for the Test. I am now using another Pc in order to avoid any hardware breakage. Could it be the cause of the fail?

Thanks in advance

ZeroWhite

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hate to say it but that board is known for tons of different issues. Its discontinued on Newegg for who knows what reasons (usually a board that has been discontinued but the socket hasn't been phased out indicates a physical problem with the product). Best bet is to return the board ASAP before you can't and if it's already to late you can follow standard troubleshooting such as using multiple combinations of RAM in the first 2 slots that work to verify nothing is wrong with the RAM, once that is done then you know for sure the board is at fault, you can then try combinations of RAM in slots 1 & 3, and 2 & 4 to verify if there are any bad slots (One review I read was the third slot was faulty). If you do determine that it is a bad board, well it will still need to be returned, and boards like these honestly are not worth the headach.

giobenedict

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
First of all thanks for your reply.

I have tried to run the system with either 1-3 or 2-4 but it doesn't work. although it works with 1-2.....

I rather not change the motherboard but I do appreciate your advice. I will try to contact the shop where I bought the MoBo and ask them for information regarding a MoBo with similar price and socket2011....maybe an asus!

Though I still hope to find a solution with settings because when I initially sent the MoBo back in search for fault component they told me that they couldn't find any fault!!! and I reckon Scan is a reliable shop.

If someone has any advice that would be appreciated!

cheers.

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Dude, there is no need for *crossposting or multiposting*.

Plenty of ppl have provided you with valid insight but yet here you are posting another identical request but this time using a different ID.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/380713-31-quad-channel-fail

TSK TSK TSK!

giobenedict

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
I already apologized for that but I wasn't sure regarding the right place where I posted my thread.

I will apologize again.

sorry.....

anyway, I bought the as a set of 4x4 (16gb).

giobenedict

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
I have sent the MoBo back to the shop as it would not work with 4slots or ram but only with one or two.....

Can anyone tell me if the asus px79 socket2011 is a good one ? and if that board will solve my issues of compatibility etc....

thanks in advance.