Sign in with
Your question

Can't post any questions and not getting validation email!

Last response: in Forum Feedback
May 30, 2010 9:07:38 AM

Hi,

I am a registered user from a long time and have been using the username "wrack". I can login fine but as soon as I browse to any section of the forum I get, " Sorry, your registration has not yet been validated, you are not allowed to post any messages."

Could a mod please send me a verification email on the registered email so I can use the forums?

Cheers :) 

More about : post questions validation email

May 30, 2010 1:48:39 PM

Hello,

Here are the instructions to resend your confirmation e-mail:

1. Go to www.tomshardware.com and click log out in the upper right (if you are logged in)

2. In the upper right click Sign In

3. A window will pop up. In that window, click the link that says "You did not receive the confirmation email?"

4. Input your e-mail address, and the confirmation e-mail should be resent.

If this still does not work, please try creating your account with an alternative e-mail.

Thank You,
Justin
May 31, 2010 12:26:59 AM

Thanks Justin.

I tried that already and I get this,

"Your account does not exist or is already validated. Either your account has already been validated or you have waited more than 48 hours after your registration to validate it."

I don't want to create another account as I want to use that username and I have been using it on other places. I believe this should be simple enough for a MOD to just activate my account or do something manually.
Related resources
May 31, 2010 12:41:39 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have the power to manually activate an account like that. I am going to bring in our Community Manager and have him address this as a bug.

Thanks,
Justin
May 31, 2010 9:10:01 AM

Thank you Justin :) 
a b 1 Email
May 31, 2010 4:09:37 PM

This has been a pesky bug for awhile though it only affects a very small number of people from time to time. I'll re-raise the red flags on this one and have the devs see if it can't be fixed permanently.
August 25, 2010 1:05:37 AM

janemanno1 said:
Hi,

I am a registered user from a long time and have been using the username "wrack". I can login fine but as soon as I browse to any section of the forum I get, " Sorry, your registration has not yet been validated, you are not allowed to post any messages."

Could a mod please send me a verification email on the registered email so I can use the forums?

Cheers :) 

I am also having issues, I have NOT signed prior to this occasion, but am wondering whether it is my hotmail account that is the drama?
August 25, 2010 1:09:43 AM

I have a hotmail account, and get the notifications without issue. Try Justin's instructions above, to resend the confirmation. Make sure to check the junk mail box.
August 25, 2010 11:27:44 AM

Same issue, it's not user error and there is nothing in the spam or junk folders.
August 25, 2010 10:39:47 PM

Quote:
I have a hotmail account, and get the notifications without issue. Try Justin's instructions above, to resend the confirmation. Make sure to check the junk mail box.

I did follow the instructions prior to posting, however, I think patience is required as it seemed to work it self out within a few hours... Damned internet generation, always wanting things NOW!

Thanks to all for your help
August 25, 2010 10:50:08 PM

Good to hear. You're welcome.
!