Solved

Installing a mother board

Hey guys, I'm currently installing my sabertooth z77, one problem, in bps crews that go behind the mobo (ones the the top screws from the front of the board to mount it.) I only have 5 (previous one only used 5) do I need to get the other 4 or is there a special way I can install it to avoid that? Thank you :)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about installing mother board
  1. Best answer
    wtfitsfeisty said:
    Hey guys, I'm currently installing my sabertooth z77, one problem, in bps crews that go behind the mobo (ones the the top screws from the front of the board to mount it.) I only have 5 (previous one only used 5) do I need to get the other 4 or is there a special way I can install it to avoid that? Thank you :)

    you should install them to keep the mb from shorting out. if you have too due to not getting any parts...want the center screw to keep the mb from flexing into the mb case and the rest on the outside. a poor man trick is to use rubber feet to hold the outside middle of the four side from shorting out. (*-screw..............spacers...................*screw.)
    (spacer.................*..screw.....................spacers.
    *screw..................spaser.......................screw.
  2. just use the 5 stand off's you have make sure you secure the corners and one in middle of the board and it will be ok :)
  3. smorizio said:
    you should install them to keep the mb from shorting out. if you have too due to not getting any parts...want the center screw to keep the mb from flexing into the mb case and the rest on the outside. a poor man trick is to use rubber feet to hold the outside middle of the four side from shorting out. (*-screw..............spacers...................*screw.)
    (spacer.................*..screw.....................spacers.
    *screw..................spaser.......................screw.

    Good place to pick up the spacers in the us?
  4. shack....hardware store...most of the ones i use are black furniture spacers. just have to pick out ones that are bout the right space hight to let the mb sit or tap on top. to tall and you flex the mb.
  5. smorizio said:
    shack....hardware store...most of the ones i use are black furniture spacers. just have to pick out ones that are bout the right space hight to let the mb sit or tap on top. to tall and you flex the mb.


    Turns out I have 6, me and counting don't get along haha, but I have one near the center, near the CPU fan, and 4 on the edges, where should the 6th go?
  6. I caved, I'm taking to some professionals :/
  7. wtfitsfeisty said:
    I caved, I'm taking to some professionals :/
    Its not that complicated. You don't need screws in every hole either. Just use the ones you have and you should be fine. Getting professional help is going to cost you more than the motherboard lol.
  8. Well after they refused to install my motherboard due to liability issues, I bought some extra screws and install it myself, and it works :D
  9. Best answer selected by wtfitsfeisty.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Sabertooth