wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hey guys, I'm currently installing my sabertooth z77, one problem, in bps crews that go behind the mobo (ones the the top screws from the front of the board to mount it.) I only have 5 (previous one only used 5) do I need to get the other 4 or is there a special way I can install it to avoid that? Thank you :)

Solution

you should install them to keep the mb from shorting out. if you have too due to not getting any parts...want the center screw to keep the mb from flexing into the mb case and the rest on the outside. a poor man trick is to use rubber feet to hold the outside middle of the four side from shorting out. (*-screw..............spacers...................*screw.)...

you should install them to keep the mb from shorting out. if you have too due to not getting any parts...want the center screw to keep the mb from flexing into the mb case and the rest on the outside. a poor man trick is to use rubber feet to hold the outside middle of the four side from shorting out. (*-screw..............spacers...................*screw.)
(spacer.................*..screw.....................spacers.
*screw..................spaser.......................screw.

Solution

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Good place to pick up the spacers in the us?

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Turns out I have 6, me and counting don't get along haha, but I have one near the center, near the CPU fan, and 4 on the edges, where should the 6th go?

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Its not that complicated. You don't need screws in every hole either. Just use the ones you have and you should be fine. Getting professional help is going to cost you more than the motherboard lol.