Asus Rampage Gene 2 troubleshooting

KevinC12

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hello! First post here, looking for some help. I have a problem here with a older computer with a Rampage gen 2 mobo. I built it myself 4 years ago and after having it a year it was stuck by lighting while I was at work. Sadly this had happened to the gateway I replaced with my new rig, but the problem is on my gateway I could see where it had blown. There was a hole and black marks on its mobo. With this one there's nothing. When I plug the PS into the unit the MemOK! light blinks red and the start and reset on the mobo blink.. Does that mean the RAM is bad? I took it completely apart and the CPU looks good. I cleaned it all and reapplied some Arctic Silver because it was dirty. I also tried a new PS which didn't have the 8 pin fan connector. I still gave it a try and the same thing happened. This is a project to see if I can get it to work. I can't really buy all new stuff for it right now.

Also I'd consult the handbook about this, but it was thrown out while I was away from home.

Thank you in advance for in advice.

cl-scott

Honorable
You should be able to get a PDF copy of the manual from the Asus website, but I'd have to say checking the RAM sounds like a good first step.

I'd start by testing each module individually in each slot, to see if maybe there's a bad memory bank or a bad memory module. It's tedious in the extreme, but it needs to be done so you know if the RAM is good.