Motherboard support usb 3.0

Hello,
i've wanted to upgrade my usb hubs and i wondered if my motherboard can support usb 3.0
9 answers Last reply
More about motherboard support
  1. Origommi said:
    Hello,
    i've wanted to upgrade my usb hubs and i wondered if my motherboard can support usb 3.0


    "my motherboard is MCP61PM-HM
  2. You need a pci expansion card for that. All motherboards support pic expansion cards.
    USB 3.0 PCI cards
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166026 $25
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287005 $18
  3. All motherboards support pic expansion cards.
  4. Xttony said:
    You need a pci expansion card for that. All motherboards support pic expansion cards.
    USB 3.0 PCI cards
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166026 $25
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287005 $18


    is it possible to use this card instead?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124116

    formally i have 1 expansion slot but i would like more USB's in the back is there a way to do that without sacrificing the USB 3.0 if i do get them?
  5. Yes I can. But I think if you put in a graphics card the pcie x1 card will be blocked.
  6. Xttony said:
    Yes I can. But I think if you put in a graphics card the pcie x1 card will be blocked.


    fortunately this is my computer im modding just a bit before i spend 800$ on one i can really use and ill just take out the part for the other computer
  7. Good for you. Just make sure that all the parts are compatible.
  8. If you also want to upgrade the hold motherboard include the card reader slots, this one will be fine too. It can upgrade your card readers and add 3 more USB 3.0 slots to your motherboard.

    It also needs PCI-E x1 slot as the PCI-E expansion card needs.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1HD0HZ1995&Tpk=hootoo%20cr001
  9. Yes that is good too.
    Also you might wanna get a pci card with Sata 3 slots too.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Support USB3 Motherboards Product