Help with finding new mobo

ben57

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,
I have been reading many of the helpful replies concerning the Pegatron M2N78-LA board. I have one that has (notoriously) failed in my HP p6310y.
I have looked up some of the suggestions for better replacements, but my question is, will they fit the hole pattern for the mounting screws?? And, will the rear ports fit the case opening for them?? I guess I need help with:
1) finding a better board that,...
2)fits the case screw holes and port openings, and..
3) is preferably under 100.00 dollars

Any help?? Thanks so very much!

festerovic

Distinguished

ben57

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Thanks for the advice and the links festerovic. I will check it out. I really wasn't planning on having to purchase a new case though, since I was hoping to keep all the front facing flash memory ports where they are at.

(What would you say about 'jury rigging' or otherwise modifying the mounting holes and port openings in the chassis
if it doesn't fit quite properly? I am one to problem-solve and modify when I don't have the financial resources to buy completely new. Possible? Not possible? Not recommended (reasons?)

Thanks again!

ben57

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Also festerovic,.. I noticed that the board you recommended has only two memory slots. I would like to use the complete memory from the bad mobo, which is (3) X 2GB DDR3 modules, for a total of 6GB. The board you cited apparently only takes DDR2, and only two memory modules at that. I would need to purchase new memory boards for it. Is that not correct???

festerovic

Distinguished

I didn't know you had 3 RAM modules. Yes you are correct you would need new ones. ^ Linked some compatible motherboards that take ddr3.

Also, which CPU did you get with your PC?