New build problem

Gilakend

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
So I just finished my first build, the first time I put it together nothing happened so I tinkered with it for about 1.5 hours then I just took it completely apart and put it back together that seemed to fix it, all the fans spin and the drives work but nothing popped up on the screen and there were no beeps so I took out 1 of my sticks of RAM and it beeped once but nothing popped up on the screen it is still blank. Does anyone know what the problem is I already re-seated the CPU just to make sure. Also should I send back the RAM since one stick seems to be defective? Thanks.

Gilakend

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Alright I will do that when I get home from school but I have already plugged in both those power sources, I went throw some kind of checklist before posting this thread.

Gilakend

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I forgot to mention that now the mouse and keyboard light up. They were not before. They do not light up when I put in both sticks of RAM. Does that mean for sure that the second is bad? Also if it is bad how fast does Newegg sip replacement parts? I checked my CPU and it got hot without the CPU fan so I'd imagine that works. Also I re-seated my GPU and nothing pops up still. Could it be my VGA cable? It worked with my other one though.