Corsair TX650 PSU Fan not working

khami901

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
So I've had this rig for about two and a half years now. I have a Corsair TX650 powering an i5, a couple of hard drives, and a GTX 260. I realize that the fan on the psu is temperature controlled but even under full load it does not spin at all. Monitoring my temps using SpeedFan my cpu doesn't get over 50'C and my GPU maxes in the mid 60's under full load. Is this simply still not enough to have the fan kick in. I've never had a problem with the system, but I am just wondering if this means that the fan is faulty. Any help with the matter would be appreciated, thanks.

khami901

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the responses guys. Well I actually just moved into a new case, Antec P280, and upgraded to a GTX 480. With the new (power hungry) graphics card, the fan kicks on at idle. I don't know if my old GTX 260 just simply draw enough power because I physically did not see the fan spin even while running Prime95. I saw charts on Corsair's website that indicated it would kick on after about 350 watts. Also I did dust off the psu when I moved it into the new case so that could potentially be the reason. Nonetheless the fan does indeed work and all is well. Thanks again.