Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

usb memory sticks?

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Playstation
  • USB
  • Video
  • Memory
  • Sony
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 19, 2005 10:30:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Can usb memory sticks work with the PS2's????

cheers

More about : usb memory sticks

Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 19, 2005 10:30:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Bri" <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42654029$0$293$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
> Can usb memory sticks work with the PS2's????
>
> cheers

As has been answered here many times, USB flash drives will work with a
PS2...but only if you have the software that comes with Datel's Max Drive.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 19, 2005 10:30:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> writes:

> As has been answered here many times, USB flash drives will work with a
> PS2...but only if you have the software that comes with Datel's Max Drive.

GT4 can save "photos" to a USB flash drive without extra software, but
it's the only game I know of that supports the devices.

Nick

--
# sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])
Related resources
April 21, 2005 7:00:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Nick Vargish" <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote in message
news:87pswq5z6i.fsf@localhost.localdomain...
> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> writes:
>
> > As has been answered here many times, USB flash drives will work with a
> > PS2...but only if you have the software that comes with Datel's Max
Drive.
>
> GT4 can save "photos" to a USB flash drive without extra software, but
> it's the only game I know of that supports the devices.
>
> Nick

Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF reader/writer?
(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 21, 2005 11:06:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:00:28 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:

<snip>
>
>Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF reader/writer?
>(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)
>
>

I have.

I tried my Sandisk 2.0 reader/writer and no go, I couldn't get it to
work. GT would start to write to it, as by the saving screen, and then
report that the device wasn't present.

I then bought one of those small cheap CF reader/writers that plug
directly into a USB port without the need of the cable, and it works
great.

Simple Perfection CF Reader/Writer
Model # CR-T2-UC
Retails for about $12 bucks here in Canada

Good luck

Scott C
April 22, 2005 1:52:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Scott C" <spam_away@spam.me.com> wrote in message
news:4sbf61hg4m1m6t7s6mqiqc1ufaroatv1ge@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:00:28 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> >Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF
reader/writer?
> >(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)
> >
> >
>
> I have.
>
> I tried my Sandisk 2.0 reader/writer and no go, I couldn't get it to
> work. GT would start to write to it, as by the saving screen, and then
> report that the device wasn't present.
>
> I then bought one of those small cheap CF reader/writers that plug
> directly into a USB port without the need of the cable, and it works
> great.
>
> Simple Perfection CF Reader/Writer
> Model # CR-T2-UC
> Retails for about $12 bucks here in Canada
>
> Good luck
>
> Scott C

Hello!!!

Your reply inspired me to dig up my cheap little CF reader. (It was buried
in a laptop bag.) Its basically the same deal as the one you mentioned
above -- no cables, just plug the thing in.

IT WORKS!!!

Not only does it work with GT4, but it also works perfectly as a "USB Pen"
with the Media Player in Action Replay Max!

Tested it with MP3's, .JPG's, and some Genesis emulation. I have Sonic3
running now. Looks like this 1GB CF card that I got for a camera, but
hardly ever use, just found a new home!

Cheers,
-Eric
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 22, 2005 11:12:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:52:43 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:

>
>"Scott C" <spam_away@spam.me.com> wrote in message
>news:4sbf61hg4m1m6t7s6mqiqc1ufaroatv1ge@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:00:28 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> >
>> >Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF
>reader/writer?
>> >(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)
>> >
>> >
>>
>> I have.
>>
>> I tried my Sandisk 2.0 reader/writer and no go, I couldn't get it to
>> work. GT would start to write to it, as by the saving screen, and then
>> report that the device wasn't present.
>>
>> I then bought one of those small cheap CF reader/writers that plug
>> directly into a USB port without the need of the cable, and it works
>> great.
>>
>> Simple Perfection CF Reader/Writer
>> Model # CR-T2-UC
>> Retails for about $12 bucks here in Canada
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Scott C
>
>Hello!!!
>
>Your reply inspired me to dig up my cheap little CF reader. (It was buried
>in a laptop bag.) Its basically the same deal as the one you mentioned
>above -- no cables, just plug the thing in.
>
>IT WORKS!!!
>
>Not only does it work with GT4, but it also works perfectly as a "USB Pen"
>with the Media Player in Action Replay Max!
>
>Tested it with MP3's, .JPG's, and some Genesis emulation. I have Sonic3
>running now. Looks like this 1GB CF card that I got for a camera, but
>hardly ever use, just found a new home!
>
>Cheers,
>-Eric
>
>
>
Good stuff Eric. The GT4 photo mode is pretty cool. You'll find the
images turn out somewhat dark but a little tweaking in a photo program
will sort that out. Instead of running Photoshop I just use a simple
program called DC Enhance. It's a free program from Mediachance and
does a fine job of tweaking the photo with just a few slider bars.

http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/enhancer.htm

If your interested make sure to download the standalone exe v1.3 @
524kb.

Scott C
!