usb memory sticks?

Can usb memory sticks work with the PS2's????

cheers
6 answers Last reply
More about memory sticks

    "Bri" <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Can usb memory sticks work with the PS2's????
    >
    > cheers

    As has been answered here many times, USB flash drives will work with a
    PS2...but only if you have the software that comes with Datel's Max Drive.

    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> writes:

    > As has been answered here many times, USB flash drives will work with a
    > PS2...but only if you have the software that comes with Datel's Max Drive.

    GT4 can save "photos" to a USB flash drive without extra software, but
    it's the only game I know of that supports the devices.

    Nick

    --
    # sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
    print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])

    "Nick Vargish" <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote in message
    > "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> writes:
    >
    > > As has been answered here many times, USB flash drives will work with a
    > > PS2...but only if you have the software that comes with Datel's Max
    Drive.

    > GT4 can save "photos" to a USB flash drive without extra software, but
    > it's the only game I know of that supports the devices.
    >
    > Nick

    Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF reader/writer?
    (Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:00:28 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF reader/writer?
    >(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)

    I have.

    I tried my Sandisk 2.0 reader/writer and no go, I couldn't get it to
    work. GT would start to write to it, as by the saving screen, and then
    report that the device wasn't present.

    I then bought one of those small cheap CF reader/writers that plug
    directly into a USB port without the need of the cable, and it works
    great.

    Simple Perfection CF Reader/Writer
    Model # CR-T2-UC
    Retails for about $12 bucks here in Canada

    Good luck

    Scott C

    "Scott C" <spam_away@spam.me.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:00:28 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > >Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF
    reader/writer?
    > >(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)
    > >

    > I have.
    >
    > I tried my Sandisk 2.0 reader/writer and no go, I couldn't get it to
    > work. GT would start to write to it, as by the saving screen, and then
    > report that the device wasn't present.
    >
    > I then bought one of those small cheap CF reader/writers that plug
    > directly into a USB port without the need of the cable, and it works
    > great.
    >
    > Simple Perfection CF Reader/Writer
    > Model # CR-T2-UC
    > Retails for about $12 bucks here in Canada
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Scott C

    Hello!!!

    Your reply inspired me to dig up my cheap little CF reader. (It was buried
    in a laptop bag.) Its basically the same deal as the one you mentioned
    above -- no cables, just plug the thing in.

    IT WORKS!!!

    Not only does it work with GT4, but it also works perfectly as a "USB Pen"
    with the Media Player in Action Replay Max!

    Tested it with MP3's, .JPG's, and some Genesis emulation. I have Sonic3
    running now. Looks like this 1GB CF card that I got for a camera, but
    hardly ever use, just found a new home!

    Cheers,
    -Eric
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:52:43 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:

    >"Scott C" <spam_away@spam.me.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:00:28 GMT, "Eric" <nospam@nospam.not> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >> >
    >> >Anyone try saving the GT4 photos to a CF card using an USB CF
    >reader/writer?
    >> >(Been wanting to try but can't seem to find my little CF reader/writer.)
    >> >

    >> I have.
    >>
    >> I tried my Sandisk 2.0 reader/writer and no go, I couldn't get it to
    >> work. GT would start to write to it, as by the saving screen, and then
    >> report that the device wasn't present.
    >>
    >> I then bought one of those small cheap CF reader/writers that plug
    >> directly into a USB port without the need of the cable, and it works
    >> great.
    >>
    >> Simple Perfection CF Reader/Writer
    >> Model # CR-T2-UC
    >> Retails for about $12 bucks here in Canada
    >>
    >> Good luck
    >>
    >> Scott C
    >
    >Hello!!!
    >
    >Your reply inspired me to dig up my cheap little CF reader. (It was buried
    >in a laptop bag.) Its basically the same deal as the one you mentioned
    >above -- no cables, just plug the thing in.
    >
    >IT WORKS!!!
    >
    >Not only does it work with GT4, but it also works perfectly as a "USB Pen"
    >with the Media Player in Action Replay Max!
    >
    >Tested it with MP3's, .JPG's, and some Genesis emulation. I have Sonic3
    >running now. Looks like this 1GB CF card that I got for a camera, but
    >hardly ever use, just found a new home!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >-Eric

    Good stuff Eric. The GT4 photo mode is pretty cool. You'll find the
    images turn out somewhat dark but a little tweaking in a photo program
    will sort that out. Instead of running Photoshop I just use a simple
    program called DC Enhance. It's a free program from Mediachance and
    does a fine job of tweaking the photo with just a few slider bars.

    http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/enhancer.htm

    If your interested make sure to download the standalone exe v1.3 @
    524kb.

    Scott C

Console Gaming PlayStation USB Video Memory Sony Games Video Games