no other Memory sticks can be used for psp. why?

The only reason sony used a memory stick that only fits the psp is to make
money. i think a 1000 mb stick shouldn't be over $160$ in the us. ill wait
till the prices drop before i get a new one.

"hockeyjerk 10 via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in message

> The only reason sony used a memory stick that only fits the psp is to make
> money.

Um, yep.

"hockeyjerk 10 via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in message
> The only reason sony used a memory stick that only fits the psp is to make
> money. i think a 1000 mb stick shouldn't be over $160$ in the us. ill
wait
> till the prices drop before i get a new one.

What did you expect? The PSP doesn't have room for a Compact Flash slot.
Maybe an SD card, but why shouldn't Sony use its own proprietary media? The
PS2 uses its own special memory card, as do the Xbox and GameCube, and no
one complains about that. Console memory cards don't even fit into a camera
or PC like the Memory Stick does.

If you don't like to make Sony money, buy the cheaper SanDisk brand..

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 00:53:39 GMT, "hockeyjerk 10 via GamesKB.com"
<forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>The only reason sony used a memory stick that only fits the psp is to make
>money. i think a 1000 mb stick shouldn't be over $160$ in the us. ill wait
>till the prices drop before i get a new one.

The Duo-sized Memory Stick was created for portable devices such as cellphones,
etc.

Galley

What do you mean only fits the PSP? I agree that they're over priced but
Sony newer digital camera and camcorders will start using the Memory Stick
Duo. Besides, think of how big the slot would have been if the PSP used the
regular sized memory sticks.

The real kick in the nuts is that the Memory Stick Duo was codeveloped by
Sony and Sandisk but it's basically just a ripoff of the much cheaper SD
card. They even look the same. But the Memory Stick costs more because it
supports "magicgate".

"Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> What do you mean only fits the PSP? I agree that they're over priced but
> Sony newer digital camera and camcorders will start using the Memory Stick
> Duo. Besides, think of how big the slot would have been if the PSP used
> the
> regular sized memory sticks.
>
> The real kick in the nuts is that the Memory Stick Duo was codeveloped by
> Sony and Sandisk but it's basically just a ripoff of the much cheaper SD
> card. They even look the same. But the Memory Stick costs more because
> it
> supports "magicgate".

But doesnt the duo use faster memory ?

> "hockeyjerk 10 via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in
> message
>> The only reason sony used a memory stick that only fits the psp is to
>> make
>> money. i think a 1000 mb stick shouldn't be over $160$ in the us. ill
> wait
>> till the prices drop before i get a new one.
>>
>> --

This is the bomb...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000683026343/