Network Printer not Worked Properly in VLAN.

Hi All,

I have using Canon iR2318L Printer & we are Work on VLAN but my printer is not working properly in Vlan is this VLAN Problem or Printer Problem ?
can any one help me to Solve this Problem ?
answers
Last reply
More about network printer worked properly vlan
  1. What is "not working properly" in technical terms? You can't print to it, only some machines can print to it, it prints out little hearts on the paper? Is the printer setup on a print server or directly by IP to the workstations? Do you have the proper routing setup in the switches for the VLANs? Can you connect to computer between the VLANs? How is the printer setup, using DHCP or static IP? Do you have the gateway and subnet set?
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    What is "not working properly" in technical terms? You can't print to it, only some machines can print to it, it prints out little hearts on the paper? Is the printer setup on a print server or directly by IP to the workstations? Do you have the proper routing setup in the switches for the VLANs? Can you connect to computer between the VLANs? How is the printer setup, using DHCP or static IP? Do you have the gateway and subnet set?

I have installed printer on one system & used this printer through sharing but some time i have given print on it it will not print document directly but if i have restart the printer only then that document is print.

i have also given the ip of this printer it's static & also given the gateway or subnet.
  3. Issue could be with the computer you have it shared on. Do you ever have issues printing to the printer from the computer it's on? Try to print over the network till it fails. Then try to print directly to it from the computer it's attached do, did that work? Another thing to check for intermittent printing is length of cable. You don't want to exceed about 10 feet for a USB cable, about the same for a parallel, unless it's a good one with good shielding.

If this is used in a business, the most reliable and best practice option is to put the printer on the network directly with a network print server box (HP JetDirect is a good model).
  4. purushottamaher said:
    I have installed printer on one system & used this printer through sharing but some time i have given print on it it will not print document directly but if i have restart the printer only then that document is print.

i have also given the ip of this printer it's static & also given the gateway or subnet.

I am having the same issue with other canon printers, 4 of them. Any update to this?
Ask a new question

Read More

VLAN Network Printer Printers Networking