Mac os x is not supported with software virtualization to run mac os x you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

milindb

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Mac OS X is not supported with software virtualization. To run Mac OS X you need a host on which VMware Workstation supports hardware virtualization.

What is your question exactly? You seem to be trying to get MacOS to work in VMWare but it won't do it with software virtualization. That means you need hardware virtualization which is only available on certain CPUs, through Intel's VT-x or VT-d technologies, or AMD's AMD-V technology. Most newer CPUs like the Core i5 and i7 or AMD's FX, or Phenom II CPUs have support for hardware virtualization. If you are running something older like a Core 2 Duo though, you won't have hardware virtualization, and you'll have to upgrade in order to get it.

If you do have a newer CPU that supports hardware virtualization, and it still isn't working, check your BIOS settings and make sure Intel VT-d or VT-x or AMD-V is enabled.

milindb

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
The below is my CPU configuration .. is this support to MacOS in VMWare and Hardware virtualization...

processor:-intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz GHz

Installed memory(RAM) : 2.00 GB

System type :32-bit Operating System

The Pentium D does not support hardware virtualization, so you're out of luck with that system. Without knowing more about your motherboard I can't really recommend a CPU upgrade, and not that many CPUs if any on LGA775 supported hardware virtualization. To do what you want you are going to have to get a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.