Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

We need a mod in the uk and ireland section

Last response: in Forum Feedback
Share
May 31, 2010 3:00:34 PM

Due to the spam and other threads that appear in the uk and ireland general discussions section, would it be possible to get some sort of moderation. I ain't meaning a mod like what seems to be the norm nowadays but just someone to clear out the deadwood a bit not necessarily interfere in any genuine posts.

It would cheer the chimp up no end I am sure it that is worth anything.

More about : mod ireland section

May 31, 2010 8:04:49 PM

Churchill may be avalable. I would make a specific request for him or similar. Mousemonkey is a lot like him after a cup. Ko Ko Kachoo.
June 1, 2010 12:08:25 PM

The moderation interface just isn't available on that section for some reason and it's been that way (and complained about by other mods) for years from what I have found out.
Related resources
June 1, 2010 12:22:45 PM

I'll mod the UK area for you .... <snicker>

Cranks up "Talkin bout my generation" ... reel LOUD !!

June 1, 2010 1:02:43 PM

I thought we were going to throw that section into the bonfire along with the Other. Guess it was forgotten given that few staff can see it through normal browsing.
June 1, 2010 1:35:48 PM

I can see it via .uk but not .com

Though under .com.au I can see heaps of booth babes at Computex ... or I would ... if we had an Aussie site.

Half our Aussies have left the site or died waiting ... just you and me left random ...
June 1, 2010 2:01:53 PM

I'll speak with the European TH Community Manager about this. Added moderation never hurts.
June 1, 2010 2:07:58 PM

Reynod said:
I can see it via .uk but not .com

It's a UK-only section. It's so full of spam as to be almost useless though. As far as I can remember it was on the to-delete list a while ago but that appears to have never eventuated.
June 2, 2010 2:36:53 PM

Yes and cleaning up some of the categories under the sections sounds great too ... if I recall a few users here were giving JP some good ideas in a thread a while back.

That discussion was very positive.

We need more positive stuff in the world at the present ...

June 2, 2010 2:55:17 PM

Well, hopefully something will come of this. Would be a shame if it disappeared as it is the last safe haven this place has.
June 5, 2010 2:26:46 PM

randomizer said:
It's a UK-only section. It's so full of spam as to be almost useless though. As far as I can remember it was on the to-delete list a while ago but that appears to have never eventuated.


I thought you and mousemonkey lived in the UK?
June 5, 2010 2:32:04 PM

strangestranger said:
Well, hopefully something will come of this. Would be a shame if it disappeared as it is the last safe haven this place has.


I'm trying to get us an Off Topic Section here, it would be under the same moderation as the rest of the forum, but a place to talk about whatever, most moderators are for it and maybe it will happen eventually, IDK.

Besides this inconvenience, How've things been for you SS?
June 5, 2010 3:03:11 PM

4Ryan6 said:
I thought you and mousemonkey lived in the UK?

Crikey mate I'm from Oztralia. :lol: 
June 5, 2010 3:12:15 PM

randomizer said:
Crikey mate I'm from Oztralia. :lol: 



mousemonkey is from the UK isn't he?
June 5, 2010 3:36:34 PM

Its unusual his moderating capabilities would be limited over there, but I guess that's nothing new to this software.
June 5, 2010 3:55:55 PM

4Ryan6 said:
I'm trying to get us an Off Topic Section here, it would be under the same moderation as the rest of the forum, but a place to talk about whatever, most moderators are for it and maybe it will happen eventually, IDK.

Besides this inconvenience, How've things been for you SS?


The fact that I see right through 'topics' and sometimes stray off, an 'Off Topic' section may work well for a Dr. Phil type poster like me. :lol:  would like to see it. Not that I don't already know what the topic of discussion(s) are there. Actually I think like Dr. Joyce Brothers did in 1958. A discussion of my diet would be good for the off topic discussion. I could title it, "Eating at the keyboard: Ten important tips to loose weight while you browse."
June 5, 2010 4:06:06 PM

ROFL I'm eating at the keyboard right now! :lol: 
June 5, 2010 4:17:09 PM

I'm cleaning cranbeery sauce off mine right now. Could be chocolate syrup and cherry almond fudge ice cream. I'm tired of buying the little cans of compressed air. I discussed with my wife setting up my air compressor on the back patio and buying a 50ft hose for these type of things. How to stay trim and slim at the keyboard. Keyboard related exercise.
June 5, 2010 4:27:26 PM

:lol:  Cranberry sauce? :lol:  What did you have? A food fight? :lol: 
June 5, 2010 5:12:38 PM

I haven't been to the store lately. It was a can of cranberry sauce left over from last Thanksgiving or a bowl of Purina Temptations. Beef flavor. I remember daring a friend to eat a can of liquidy, smelly cat food. He took a tablespoonful and downed it. I think we all had friends like that. Especially in the 60's.
June 5, 2010 5:34:23 PM

4Ryan6 said:
mousemonkey is from the UK isn't he?

I am indeed, I'm pretty sure I have Mad(e) in the UK stamped on me somewhere. [:mousemonkey:4]
June 5, 2010 5:34:26 PM

When I was young my dog and I would sit on the back steps and share dog biscuits, they were pretty good actually!

I had to stop when I started hiking my leg to pee! :lol: 
June 5, 2010 5:42:48 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I am indeed, I'm pretty sure I have Mad(e) in the UK stamped on me somewhere. [:mousemonkey:4]


Its probably tattooed on your butt! :lol: 

Uh Oh We're seriously Off Topic, Better get back on before before 4ryan6 closes the thread! :lol: 
June 5, 2010 5:44:11 PM

4Ryan6 said:
Its probably tattooed on your butt! :lol: 

Hey that probably explains why it's been kicked a few times. :lol: 
June 5, 2010 5:47:01 PM

LOL. In 1961 I believe, my dad snuck in the room while I was watching TV and let my new puppy lick me in the face. I of course named him Spot! My girlfriend in college had a Doberman named Gretchen. Gretchen ate better than I did! We ordered Chinese carryout a lot. Flied lice. When I was kid, there was no such a thing as 'drive thru'. Heck, there was no such a thing as McDonalds! Steak and Shake had curb service. That was the place to be in the 60's. Steak and roller rink was where it was happenin'. I remember my buddy's step dad bought him a ral nice '52/53 chevy. His stepdad was a used car salesman. My friend turned it upside down in frot of Steak and Shake within a week of getting it. Demolished. When Butch and I were like 14-15. He would steal his parents car and we would go out drivin'! His stepdad had some real nice cars he brought home. We drove a '62 Bonneville, 60 something Ford 390 Cu. in. Fairlane convertible. I can't remember, but neither of us had a sign of a driver's license and we we would buzz Steak and the roller rink. LMAO! I had to beg him to let me drive. There was snow and I nearly lost her in front of the drug store. We did this for months. I don't think his parents ever learned of the extent we were drivin' there cars around as 14 year old weenies do.
June 5, 2010 5:55:10 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Hey that probably explains why it's been kicked a few times. :lol: 


Seriously?

Even though you are a UK resident, there are sections of the THGF UK software you have no control over?

That really sucks!

And seriously needs to be rectified, somebody with moderation control has to have power there to clean up all the spam and crap strangestranger is talking about.
June 5, 2010 5:55:40 PM

badge said:
LOL. In 1961 I believe, my dad snuck in the room while I was watching TV and let my new puppy lick me in the face. I of course named him Spot! My girlfriend in college had a Doberman named Gretchen. Gretchen ate better than I did! We ordered Chinese carryout a lot. Flied lice. When I was kid, there was no such a thing as 'drive thru'. Heck, there was no such a thing as McDonalds! Steak and Shake had curb service. That was the place to be in the 60's. Steak and roller rink was where it was happenin'. I remember my buddy's step dad bought him a ral nice '52/53 chevy. His stepdad was a used car salesman. My friend turned it upside down in frot of Steak and Shake within a week of getting it. Demolished. When Butch and I were like 14-15. He would steal his parents car and we would go out drivin'! His stepdad had some real nice cars he brought home. We drove a '62 Bonneville, 60 something Ford 390 Cu. in. Fairlane convertible. I can't remember, but neither of us had a sign of a driver's license and we we would buzz Steak and the roller rink. LMAO! I had to beg him to let me drive. There was snow and I nearly lost her in front of the drug store. We did this for months. I don't think his parents ever learned of the extent we were drivin' there cars around as 14 year old weenies do.


:lol:  You are one of the biggest reasons we need an Off Topic Section! Your mind is all over the place! :lol: 
June 5, 2010 6:00:06 PM

4Ryan6 said:
:lol:  You are one of the biggest reasons we need an Off Topic Section! Your mind is all over the place! :lol: 


I know, mind really is all over the place, you're right. I feel like Walt Disney. :lol: 
June 5, 2010 6:13:17 PM

4Ryan6 said:
Seriously?

Even though you are a UK resident, there are sections of the THGF UK software you have no control over?

That really sucks!

And seriously needs to be rectified, somebody with moderation control has to have power there to clean up all the spam and crap strangestranger is talking about.

I have absolutely zero mod abilities in any and all sections on the UK site :(  , I actually had to do a bit of jiggery pokery to be able to do any moderation at all! and even so I can only do any by accessing the US site. The UK server really needs to be taken behind the building and shot in the face IMHO, it would be the humane thing to do.
June 5, 2010 6:23:01 PM

badge said:
I know, mind really is all over the place, you're right. I feel like Walt Disney. :lol: 


I always thought Walt Disney had experimented with LSD to come up with the characters he did! :whistle: 
June 5, 2010 6:24:21 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I have absolutely zero mod abilities in any and all sections on the UK site :(  , I actually had to do a bit of jiggery pokery to be able to do any moderation at all! and even so I can only do any by accessing the US site. The UK server really needs to be taken behind the building and shot in the face IMHO, it would be the humane thing to do.



Maybe the new coming changes will resolve it?
June 5, 2010 6:31:52 PM

That would be nice but I'm not that optimistic myself, there is very little point to having more than one English speaking forum IMHO so I wouldn't be sorry to see it go.
June 5, 2010 6:40:51 PM

Good Point!
June 5, 2010 7:19:41 PM

4Ryan6 said:
I always thought Walt Disney had experimented with LSD to come up with the characters he did! :whistle: 


My mother and Walt Disney grew up in the same small town. It is a beautiful place that never fails to peak the imagination.
June 6, 2010 4:16:42 AM

Mousemonkey said:
That would be nice but I'm not that optimistic myself, there is very little point to having more than one English speaking forum IMHO so I wouldn't be sorry to see it go.

I've spoken to a few higher ups about it quite some time ago but I got something along the lines of "it's not my department." I honestly see no reason for the UK mirror, both forum and main site, to continue.
June 6, 2010 11:47:18 AM

randomizer said:
I've spoken to a few higher ups about it quite some time ago but I got something along the lines of "it's not my department." I honestly see no reason for the UK mirror, both forum and main site, to continue.

Higher up's passing the buck? Nah,I don't believe that! :lol: 
July 22, 2010 10:21:35 PM

Well, don't know exactly when this section was made available again but it has appeared so I can post again, yay.

Still, no action in the uk section, damn you BOM swine.
August 1, 2010 4:39:29 PM

Reynod said:
I can see it via .uk but not .com

Though under .com.au I can see heaps of booth babes at Computex ... or I would ... if we had an Aussie site.

Half our Aussies have left the site or died waiting ... just you and me left random ...


hey I am still kickin guys, i thought you two left the site

frankly the forums have gone bad, its overrun by teenagers and there aren't many experts there anymore just flamers, i can't even get a decent discussion going


Mousemonkey said:
The UK server really needs to be taken behind the building and shot in the face IMHO, it would be the humane thing to do.


[:mousemonkey:5] [:mousemonkey:5] [:mousemonkey:5]
!