Comp Won't turn on, fan spin for half a second, need help!

Hi, I am having a problem with my PC, it won't turn on at all, when I hit the power, the fans and my PSU spin for a half a second and shuts off. Also if I hold down my power button the fan in my psu will start to spin while my case fan will try to spin for a sec and stop. It worked fine yesterday but when I turn on it this morning, no go. The power supply I have is the SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W psu and my Motherboard is gigabyte 880GA-UD3H. PLease if anyone know what the problem is, let me know. I have no idea what is going on. Need help on what the problem is, thank you

Edit I had it working before when I added a graphics card and it turns on but I then notice I forgot to put the battery from my mobo back in. So i turn it off and put the battery in, and now it won't work. SO I then took off the gpu and see if that works, nope, and I then took out the battery again and stil no go. I don't know how I got it to run before with the GPU card without the mobo battery. Any Idea?
4 answers Last reply
More about comp turn spin half second help
  1. Why would you take the battery out ?bIt sounds like with all the taking in and taking out you either:

a) forgot to plug something back in..... check your cables...PCI-E GFX card cable, 8 pin EPS connector or 4 pin CPU cable .... CPU fan connected to MoBo fan header ?

or

b) plugged something in or pulled something out while power was on and shorted sumthin...... check your MoBo manual, many enthusiast boards have LED's to indicate component failure.

Other SOP stuff to try....

-Do the PSU paperclip test (google it)

-Run Memtest86+

-Check MoBo manual that RAM is in correct slots if you removed / replaced them.

-remove / reset all components and cables.
  2. JackNaylorPE said:
    Why would you take the battery out ?bIt sounds like with all the taking in and taking out you either:

a) forgot to plug something back in..... check your cables...PCI-E GFX card cable, 8 pin EPS connector or 4 pin CPU cable .... CPU fan connected to MoBo fan header ?

or

b) plugged something in or pulled something out while power was on and shorted sumthin...... check your MoBo manual, many enthusiast boards have LED's to indicate component failure.

Other SOP stuff to try....

-Do the PSU paperclip test (google it)

-Run Memtest86+

-Check MoBo manual that RAM is in correct slots if you removed / replaced them.

-remove / reset all components and cables.

When I took the battery out, I was putting another one in just to see if that was the issue. SO then I decided to put a graphics card and see if it turn on, it was up and running so I then shut the PC down from my case and turn the psu switch off and thats when I notice the battery was not back in, I forgot to put it in. So I then put the battery back in, turn on my PC and the same issue occur as before. All the connection are in place, even the PCI-E. So right now I took out the battery, unplug the atx 24pin & 8pin from mobo and letting it sit for a bit and see if it works. I don't know how I got it running before. btw my mobo does not have a light, so I can't check.
  3. I finally find out what the actually issue was. It seems the front USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter was causing my PC not turn on. Once I remove the adapter that came with the Corsair 500R case, the PC boots up. I guess is the front usb 3.0 is the problem, now I am going to RMA and get a replacement for the front case.
  4. This seems like a common problem for gigabyte boards to get stuck in a boot loop. I am having the same problem. Removing the front usb adapter did not solve my issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Fan Systems