PSP 9 Conversion Time

How long is it supposed to take PSP 9 to convert a movie? It seems like its
taking about as long as the actual movie is. Is that normal?

RnR Lesnar

It should take less than about 15-20 minutes at the highest graphical
and audio setting. I convert episodes of the Shield in about 7
minutes. The new update is all screwed up though so that could be a
problem. The earlier versions worked just fine and ver fast. If it is
taking longer than an hour, there is definitely a problem.

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How long is it supposed to take PSP 9 to convert a movie? It seems like
its
> taking about as long as the actual movie is. Is that normal?
>
> RnR Lesnar

What storage method are you using to put the movie files on? UMD recordable
or memory chip?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:36:02 -0500, "RnR Lesnar"
<rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How long is it supposed to take PSP 9 to convert a movie? It seems like its
>taking about as long as the actual movie is. Is that normal?
>
>RnR Lesnar

Depends how fast your PC is, and what you're encoding from - Remember
that you're not only re-encoding the file format, but also having to
resize quite a lot too. It's takes me a while, especially if nearly
at the full quality the PSP can do.

I guess its doing it as fast as it can. My pc has 3ghz and 2 gigs of ram, so
I don't think its the computer slowing it down.

RnR Lesnar

"NightStar" <x.x@x.x> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:36:02 -0500, "RnR Lesnar"
> <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>How long is it supposed to take PSP 9 to convert a movie? It seems like
>>its
>>taking about as long as the actual movie is. Is that normal?
>>
>>RnR Lesnar
>>

> Depends how fast your PC is, and what you're encoding from - Remember
> that you're not only re-encoding the file format, but also having to
> resize quite a lot too. It's takes me a while, especially if nearly
> at the full quality the PSP can do.

Memory stick. Is there even a such thing as a UMD recordable?

RnR Lesnar

"Rengaw" <rengaw@rogers.com> wrote in message

> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How long is it supposed to take PSP 9 to convert a movie? It seems like
> its
>> taking about as long as the actual movie is. Is that normal?
>>
>> RnR Lesnar
>>

> What storage method are you using to put the movie files on? UMD
> recordable
> or memory chip?

Whats the source of the Shield episodes? Are they .vob?

RnR Lesnar

> Memory stick. Is there even a such thing as a UMD recordable?

No.

> Whats the source of the Shield episodes? Are they .vob?
>
> RnR Lesnar

I will have to check because I am brand new to bittorrent and I haven't
exactly figured out what type of files I am downloading and converting
because they seem different every time.

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Memory stick. Is there even a such thing as a UMD recordable?
> >

> No.

Actually there is UMD R / RW disc's for sale, I seen them for sale at Wal
Mart this morning, but what or how to use them I'm not sure yet.

> Well I looked at the package closely and held it in my hand, it had big
> letters on in shrink wrapped that spelled out UMD R and another one
> different color shrink wrap that spelled out UMD RW, the package was a
> single in both cases and to me looked like UMD's which is what I'm using
in
> my PSP, so that's about all I can tell ya, no lie.

So where are the UMD writers? UMD R discs are completely worthless without
something that can write to it.

"Donald Richter" <GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Rengaw" <rengaw@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Well I looked at the package closely and held it in my hand, it had big
> > letters on in shrink wrapped that spelled out UMD R and another one
> > different color shrink wrap that spelled out UMD RW, the package was a
> > single in both cases and to me looked like UMD's which is what I'm using
> in
> > my PSP, so that's about all I can tell ya, no lie.
>
> So where are the UMD writers? UMD R discs are completely worthless
without
> something that can write to it.

Ok my bad, I just came back from Wal Mart, it's not UMD disc's their selling
after all, they are just MD disc's for the walkman portable, they are almost
exactly the same is size and shape except upon closer inspection they have
no rounded corners on the top side like PSP's case shape, one has to wonder
though it you took out one of those from the case and carefully remove the
cover from a PSP style one if you couldn't just use them, just record your
music or what ever on one and slip it into the PSP style case.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:58:26 GMT, NightStar <x.x@x.x> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:36:02 -0500, "RnR Lesnar"
><rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>How long is it supposed to take PSP 9 to convert a movie? It seems like its
>>taking about as long as the actual movie is. Is that normal?
>>
>>RnR Lesnar
>>

>Depends how fast your PC is, and what you're encoding from - Remember
>that you're not only re-encoding the file format, but also having to
>resize quite a lot too. It's takes me a while, especially if nearly
>at the full quality the PSP can do.
Are you guys using the psp video 9 (the free one) I was hoping to
convert the Stars Wars trailler but no dice. Not Comp...

> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hmmm, nobody onlines sells them, but your local Wal-mart is selling them
> yet
>> there are no UMD burners available. In fact, right now, consumer UMD-R's
>> don't even exist. Maybe you've got a time traveling DeLorean to go with
> your
>> UMD-R's that you got from the future.
>>

>> RnR Lesnar
>>

> Ok my bad, I just came back from Wal Mart, it's not UMD disc's their
> selling
> after all, they are just MD disc's for the walkman portable, they are
> almost
> exactly the same is size and shape except upon closer inspection they have
> no rounded corners on the top side like PSP's case shape, one has to
> wonder
> though it you took out one of those from the case and carefully remove the
> cover from a PSP style one if you couldn't just use them, just record your
> music or what ever on one and slip it into the PSP style case.

You should try it. After all, Spiderman 2 was free so you wont miss it that
much. Let us know how it goes.