How to keep roaches away from inside pc

put a tarantula in there--that will soon get rid of them :D

seriously though -- if you have cockroaches in your pc then where you live must have a cockroach infestation

so you need to treat the whole place

just open the pc outdoors and let them run out if you are too scared to grab them and dispose of them

If they are getting in your PC, it will be a bigger job than just cleaning them out (of your place)...they will scurry back in there.

Yuck im glad I dont live anywhere near cockroaches lol.

I'm guessing a fumigation process would cost hundreds of dollars (maybe even a few thousand) - and you might need to go away from your place for like a few days to let it air out.

popatim

Titan

OP would need screens over the fan ports as well as any ventiallation openings on any part of the pc.

Then theres those ultrasonic bug repellers... I dont know if they really work or not. I used to live in an apt bldg long ago and the upstairs tenant had roaches. I had the place fumigated the first time I saw one and the exterminator gave me a large box of roachproof powder and told me to spread some under my front and back doors and make sure its always there. Plus I had to wash and dry absolutely everything.When I moved out 6 months later I think I was the only roach-free apt. LoL

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

Have the PC feet standing on top of roach traps, one for each foot.
Put a few more inside the pc, then clean the house.

Years ago, one of my office-mates at my company brought in a new computer he had just bought the previous week, to show off to all us nerdy types on our lunch hour. Apparently he had left it on during the weekend in his kitchen at home, because while he was proudly demonstrating some game on it, a roach crawled out and scurried across his desk. We all burst out laughing and making jokes about 'buggy' hardware. Next morning when I came in, he had spread 3 full cans of "Roach-Pruf" all around his desk, my desk, the carpeting, furniture, etc. Then that afternoon while I was making phone calls he let off an aerosol bug bomb in the middle of the room, necessitating immediate evacuation. Pretty hard to explain to the client why I had to hang up and run in the middle of our conversation...

All our boss did was wag his finger (fore, not middle) at my officemate and tell him not to do it again.. Sheesh..