Sign in with
Your question

Core0 teperature in Core Temp. program shows 73C

Last response: in CPUs
March 14, 2012 4:35:42 PM

While I play the game the temperature of core0 of the processor goes to 73C. I have the Pentium Dual core e5800 @ 3,2 GHz.
Tcase for the processor is 74.1 C. Core1 of the processor goes to about 65C. I use Core Temp program for meassuring temperature. I read on internet that max temp processor can take is 100C. Is this temperature of the processor in safe limits.
a b à CPUs
March 14, 2012 5:08:10 PM

Running a little hot, but your temperatures are OK.

If you are worried about your temperatures of your CPU...I would suggest taking off the HS/F and cleaning the CPU and HSF, putting some thermal paste back on and slapping the HSF back on.
March 14, 2012 5:35:08 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Running a little hot, but your temperatures are OK.

If you are worried about your temperatures of your CPU...I would suggest taking off the HS/F and cleaning the CPU and HSF, putting some thermal paste back on and slapping the HSF back on.

I'we just bought the processor. The cooler is 'factory original' by Intel. I just put the processor in the slot and then cover it with a cooler. The paste was on the cooler so everything is brand new and should work fine - no need to clean. I think the temperature is little higher because is running on 3,2 GHz :) . The main reason I wanted to meassure the temperature is because there is no reading in BIOS. In fact it shows 102C all the time. ??
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 14, 2012 5:48:27 PM

You can get lower temperatures by using AS5 or something similar. Those pads found on the bottom of stock HSF's are not that great.

Otherwise - your temps look quite normal for a stock HSF :) 

Edit: as for your BIOS - sounds like the BIOS can't see your CPU information correctly. A bios update would probably fix that. However I wouldn't update your BIOS unless you are having major issues.

By the way - CPUs/motherboards automatically shut down if they get too hot. Older CPU's/motherboards didn't have this option.

Also have you tried using real temp, and check the temperatures there?
March 14, 2012 6:52:52 PM

I tried to use real temp while playing the game and under the chart: Temperature (C) the temperature, in the game was up to 58 C highest. Great, it looks like this is the real temperature. I thought what is under maximum is real temperature. And while the computer is still the temperatures are: core0 - 43 C and core1 - 35 C.
a b à CPUs
March 14, 2012 7:04:34 PM

Looks totally fine. Don't worry about your temps :) 
!