Mobo without one screw?

JackyDawg

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
PLEASE HELP!

I am installing an ASRock B75M-DGS motherboard into a Corsair Carbide 200R. For whatever reason, corsair has one standoff that you can't screw anything into, it is "Just to hold it in place" as they said. But this is a mATX motherboard and it goes right where a screw hole is! Can I just install all the other ones and leave that one hole unscrewed? Should I return the case and get a different one?

JackyDawg

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Well it is just a small "nub" I guess you can say. It doesn't have a hole for anything to go into, but most cases just have a regular old standoff there.

JackyDawg

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Well no I haven't actually installed the motherboard yet, but yeah all 6 standoffs (except for the "nub") were preinstalled, ready for mATX mounting. My mobo has 6 holes, like it should have.
here is an illustration
o=mobo hole

o o

o o<the standoff where this one goes on is just a nub I can't drive anything through
o o

JackyDawg

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

UPDATE:

It was actually SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. It replaces one of the standoffs, but actually goes in quite snug, and serves to hold the mobo up. Essentially a standoff with an "auto tightening" system :D.