Rosewill 1000w power supply any good?

Okay so I found a 1000w Rosewill Psu on Newegg for a great price. I'm just wondering if it a good buy. Here is the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188
15 answers Last reply
More about rosewill 1000w power supply good
  1. i just read the first 4 pages of the newegg reviews and the amount of bad reviews in just the first 4 pages

    would put me off buying it
  2. mcnumpty23 said:
    i just read the first 4 pages of the newegg reviews and the amount of bad reviews in just the first 4 pages

    would put me off buying it


    Well can you give me a suggestion of a good priced PSU (doesnt have to be 1000w) that i should get? I want one that will be able to run SLI/CROSSFIRE in the future.
  3. 1000w is probably too much

    which cards you may xfire/sli would determine how many watts you might need

    i always use quality psus like corsair,seasonic etc

    to me the psu is the most important component in your pc so its not worth skimping on it

    quality psus will have a 5 year warranty some of corsairs even have a 7 year warranty
  4. mcnumpty23 said:
    1000w is probably too much

    which cards you may xfire/sli would determine how many watts you might need

    i always use quality psus like corsair,seasonic etc

    to me the psu is the most important component in your pc so its not worth skimping on it

    quality psus will have a 5 year warranty some of corsairs even have a 7 year warranty



    I am planning on picking up the YET-TO-BE-RELEASED Gtx 680 (Which is supposed to have a major decrease in power consumption) when it comes out. I MIGHT add another in the FUTURE. I found a nice 750w PSU a while back, do you think that is enough?

    Also, how do you tell if a motherboard will be IVY BRIDGE compatible or not? I am almost set on the Asus p8z68 pro which has PCI-E 3.0 slots and i am pretty sure it is compatible with IVY BRIDGE, but i just want to know how you figure if any mobo is or isnt.
  5. destroyer432 said:
    Well can you give me a suggestion of a good priced PSU (doesnt have to be 1000w) that i should get? I want one that will be able to run SLI/CROSSFIRE in the future.

    Please provide the specs for the system that you want to build and we can recommend some PSUs for you. You can also take a look at the links in my signature: a PSU guide and a recommended PSU list.
  6. a good 750w may be enough--till the kepler cards come out shortly its a bit off guesswork how much they will

    actually use--lots of rumours about

    i am using the P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 and its definately ivybridge compatible

    think most 1155 boards support ivy bridge as long as they release a bios update to allow it
  7. destroyer432 said:
    I am planning on picking up the YET-TO-BE-RELEASED Gtx 680 (Which is supposed to have a major decrease in power consumption) when it comes out. I MIGHT add another in the FUTURE. I found a nice 750w PSU a while back, do you think that is enough?

    Also, how do you tell if a motherboard will be IVY BRIDGE compatible or not? I am almost set on the Asus p8z68 pro which has PCI-E 3.0 slots and i am pretty sure it is compatible with IVY BRIDGE, but i just want to know how you figure if any mobo is or isnt.



    Yeah the P8Z68 will work fine, it's LGA 1155 and so is Ivy bridge.

    And if you're going to get a PSU I would get a Corsair, seasonic, or Antec. All are really good quality but I personally prefer Corsair. 750 will cut it probably, but why not go with 850 to be safe?
  8. cyansnow said:
    Yeah the P8Z68 will work fine, it's LGA 1155 and so is Ivy bridge.

    And if you're going to get a PSU I would get a Corsair, seasonic, or Antec. All are really good quality but I personally prefer Corsair. 750 will cut it probably, but why not go with 850 to be safe?


    Yeah if i can squezze a good priced 850w into budget then i will.


    This is what i have so far on the list:

    Asus p8z68
    Gtx 680
    Ivy bridge i7 3770k or Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
    Old 500gb HDD from previous computer to save money
    Old DVD Drive from previous computer to also save money
    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 or COOLER MASTER storm scout
    Windows 7 Home Premium or Linux to save money until i get some more saved up
    CPU HEATSINK/COOLING: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 Plus


    Can you guys think of anything i should change? I am really set on the GPU and CPU options that i have selected.
  9. destroyer432 said:
    Yeah if i can squezze a good priced 850w into budget then i will.


    This is what i have so far on the list:

    Asus p8z68
    Gtx 680
    Ivy bridge i7 3770k or Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
    Old 500gb HDD from previous computer to save money
    Old DVD Drive from previous computer to also save money
    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 or COOLER MASTER storm scout
    Windows 7 Home Premium or Linux to save money until i get some more saved up
    CPU HEATSINK/COOLING: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 Plus


    Can you guys think of anything i should change? I am really set on the GPU and CPU options that i have selected.



    just make sure your ram will fit under that heatsink--it may block some of the ram slots

    corsair do low profile modules

    http://www.ebuyer.com/274035-corsair-8gb-2x4gb-ddr3-1600mhz-low-profile-vengeance-memory-kit-cl9-cml8gx3m2a1600c9?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products
  10. Rumor mill is saying that TDP for the GTX 680 will be around 195W; the GTX 580 has a 244W TDP. You could just use the GTX 580 SLI requirements as a guide: minimum of 62A on the combined 12V rails. A couple of 750W PSUs that meet the GTX 580 requirement:
    Rosewill Capstone 750W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182073
    Corsair TX750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
    Seasonic M12II-750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151107&Tpk=seasonic%20750
    All have ample power connections for the GTX 680.
  11. mcnumpty23 said:
    just make sure your ram will fit under that heatsink--it may block some of the ram slots

    corsair do low profile modules

    http://www.ebuyer.com/274035-corsair-8gb-2x4gb-ddr3-1600mhz-low-profile-vengeance-memory-kit-cl9-cml8gx3m2a1600c9?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products



    How can i make sure of that?

    Anonymous said:
    Rumor mill is saying that TDP for the GTX 680 will be around 195W; the GTX 580 has a 244W TDP. You could just use the GTX 580 SLI requirements as a guide: minimum of 62A on the combined 12V rails. A couple of 750W PSUs that meet the GTX 580 requirement:
    Rosewill Capstone 750W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182073
    Corsair TX750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
    Seasonic M12II-750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151107&Tpk=seasonic%20750
    All have ample power connections for the GTX 680.


    I might get that Corsair. I am going to look at some 850w PSU's though also.


    Anyone have some suggestions for 850w psu that will be suitable for future SLI gtx680?
  12. "How can i make sure of that? "

    if you are only using 2 slots it will probably be ok if using 4 slots then you may have problems

    the low profile ram works just as well--i think some of these huge ram sinks are more for looks than because

    they are needed to keep the ram cool
  13. Any suggestions for a good "bang for my buck" 850w PSU that will support SLI/CROSSFIRE?
  14. I'll just add my two cents here and say that I'm very happy with my Rosewill Capstone-750 750W PSU. Not many reviews on it (one official here http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=266), but they're all glowing. My experience with it has been amazing, so far. VERY well built (Superflower OEM parts inside) and 80 Plus Gold Certified with a single 62A 12V rail. People may not trust the name Rosewill for PSU's, but the Capstone Series is great IMO. The only issue I have with it, is that it's not modular, but with good cable management, it's not a huge problem.
  15. Corsair HX850w, or the 750w that can output 900w. Though I would not get the storm scout for the 680, I own one myself and cable management is a bit hard and you don't want that card to blow up!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Rosewill Components Product