General Advice on Intel Build.

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Morning/Afternoon/evening ;0)

Ever since the people of Tom's Hardware helped me build my first PC I have been so involved with PC and learning different things. Before I built my first one I was slightly involved could not really care about new components but the research for the first build was so eye-opening it was amazing. Ever since then I have taken ICT up in collage and hoping to do computer science at uni. Got into programing and all sorts mainly down to the people of Tom's Hardware. Now this is not the main reason of the thread but just a quick thanks to the people of the forum ;)

But on topic ever since my current build listed below I have not been 100% happy, even from the 1055t I could tell AMD was lacking it was pretty slow and the OC slightly helped but nothing I would consider great. So here I am hoping to move onto my FIRST EVER INTEL BUILD. (I may come across as a n00b in the next section)

Current Build!
AMD Phenom II 1055t
ASUS M4N75TD
Noctua nh-d14
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GTX 460 Sonic Platinum
Corsair 750w

The build I'm looking into and the different parts I may list 2 motherboards for example because I have no clue which one to get (Thats where you get involved ;0)...)

I5 2500k / I7 2600k (Depends on money and how much I spend on the family at Christmas lol)

Cooled by the beastly NH D14

Asus P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, Quad USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s Support) (£119)

Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 8GB DIMM Memory Module (Kit of 2)

GTX 460 Sonic Platinum

750w Corsair PSU (4 - 6 Case fans)

Any suggestions I'm open to. It's exactly a year since my last build ;) Hope I get the help like I received last time

Big thanks Cain.

I only really see one real problem the memory that you have selected is the Kingston Hyper X 1600 the problem is most of this is 1.65v. With the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2500K and Intel Core i7-2600K you want to stay with the 1.5v ± 5% otherwise it can damage your processor and void your warranty.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast team

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

If you never said that I would of never know, thanks man! Do you recommend any other ram needs to be 8GB and fit under a NH D14 therefore low profile ram.
Recommend RAM?

And the MB is the one you suggested to me with the new bios the other day what do you think?