Need help choosing a mobo

Hello,
So im stuck, im building a pc for myself but i dont know much on what parts to choose, but right now i have an i7 3770k, and a geforce gtx680 gpu, but idk what motherboard to get, i was thinking either the msi mpower or the sabertooth z77 but idk, if you guys think of other ones then please let me know i really need help. Im putting all of this inside the NZXT Phantom Full Tower. And this pc if for a little bit of gaming and photoshop, a bit of video editing and a lot of music making. Using Cubase 7 and other plugins and stuff.
7 answers Last reply
More about need choosing mobo
  1. I use gigabyte z77x series, but asus is reliable, too.
  2. also plan on overclocking. but i thinking im going with the z77 mpower, what do you guys think.
  3. arizad93 said:
    Hello,
    So im stuck, im building a pc for myself but i dont know much on what parts to choose, but right now i have an i7 3770k, and a geforce gtx680 gpu, but idk what motherboard to get, i was thinking either the msi mpower or the sabertooth z77 but idk, if you guys think of other ones then please let me know i really need help. Im putting all of this inside the NZXT Phantom Full Tower. And this pc if for a little bit of gaming and photoshop, a bit of video editing and a lot of music making. Using Cubase 7 and other plugins and stuff.

Budget is important.

The top mb manufacturers are ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. Gigabyte makesgood budget boards.
  4. The MSI mpower might be a good choice if you needed to put in 3 graphics cards, but otherwise, the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 should have everything you need at a lower price than either of those:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77extreme4
  5. jnkweaver, i guess on a motherboard nothing above 200$

and MauveCloud, idk about ASRock, a friend of mine had 2 ASRock mobos and they just stopped working i dont know how but i just know that he didnt do anything to them to mess up. so thats why im looking towards MSI or ASUS
  6. and the z77 mpower has ocgenie which is helpful for me because i dont really know how to overclock
  7. arizad93 said:
    and the z77 mpower has ocgenie which is helpful for me because i dont really know how to overclock

I would say go for it. The z77 mpower is a good board. Make sure you buy a good power supply for all of this. Stick With Seasonic, Corsair, or Antec.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product