Sign in with
Your question

Need help choosing a mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
January 19, 2013 7:09:10 PM

Hello,
So im stuck, im building a pc for myself but i dont know much on what parts to choose, but right now i have an i7 3770k, and a geforce gtx680 gpu, but idk what motherboard to get, i was thinking either the msi mpower or the sabertooth z77 but idk, if you guys think of other ones then please let me know i really need help. Im putting all of this inside the NZXT Phantom Full Tower. And this pc if for a little bit of gaming and photoshop, a bit of video editing and a lot of music making. Using Cubase 7 and other plugins and stuff.

More about : choosing mobo

a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2013 7:20:16 PM

I use gigabyte z77x series, but asus is reliable, too.
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:21:41 PM

also plan on overclocking. but i thinking im going with the z77 mpower, what do you guys think.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2013 7:21:44 PM

arizad93 said:
Hello,
So im stuck, im building a pc for myself but i dont know much on what parts to choose, but right now i have an i7 3770k, and a geforce gtx680 gpu, but idk what motherboard to get, i was thinking either the msi mpower or the sabertooth z77 but idk, if you guys think of other ones then please let me know i really need help. Im putting all of this inside the NZXT Phantom Full Tower. And this pc if for a little bit of gaming and photoshop, a bit of video editing and a lot of music making. Using Cubase 7 and other plugins and stuff.

Budget is important.

The top mb manufacturers are ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. Gigabyte makesgood budget boards.
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:27:41 PM

jnkweaver, i guess on a motherboard nothing above 200$

and MauveCloud, idk about ASRock, a friend of mine had 2 ASRock mobos and they just stopped working i dont know how but i just know that he didnt do anything to them to mess up. so thats why im looking towards MSI or ASUS
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:30:33 PM

and the z77 mpower has ocgenie which is helpful for me because i dont really know how to overclock
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2013 7:58:29 PM

arizad93 said:
and the z77 mpower has ocgenie which is helpful for me because i dont really know how to overclock

I would say go for it. The z77 mpower is a good board. Make sure you buy a good power supply for all of this. Stick With Seasonic, Corsair, or Antec.
m
l
!