Sign in with
Your question

New Motherboard won't recognize my speakers

Last response: in Motherboards
January 19, 2013 7:18:06 PM

I have just finished my new PC build and I have everything running very well except my old standard set of speakers that came with a store bought Gateway computer back in 08 which worked just fine yesterday until i built my new PC and plugged them in. I have a GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 motherboard on my new setup and it runs with HD Audio and comes with a program called VIA HD Audio Deck. When I plug my speakers in using the green 3.5mm plug it recognizes that an audio device has been plugged in but then it wont give any sound through the speakers. I have installed all the newest drivers for this MOBO and even used the instruction manual that came with the MOBO and still no sound from the speakers. If you guys/gals can offer up any advice to get this working it would be so great because this is the only thing holding back this new build for me. Thanks in advance

Comp setup:
Windows 7 64-Bit
GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 motherboard
AMD Radeon HD 7770
AMD Phenom ii x4 965 BE
CM Storm Stryker chasis
Corsair 500w PSU
a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2013 7:28:41 PM

Look in your system properties and see if your audio device is working correctly. I haven't used HD Audio deck, but check around in there at the settings. Make sure its set to two channel and that its not muted. There may be a speaker test in there too.
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:35:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have just figured it out I think and have been playing with thing for 8 straight hours.
m
l
Related resources
a c 143 V Motherboard
January 19, 2013 7:37:24 PM

open the via panel the see if the advance mode is ckeck ,in the speaker box ot he top have a green circle and a white hook in it on the bottom of this page,then on the lower partyou see a speaker icon for test try it,if you press the advance mod button you should see your speaker as default and not mute,also on the same page as the speaker test click the screwdriver and wescot check headset redirected detect headset and activate front panel detect you sould have also see if the speaker are not mute under windows .
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2013 12:48:38 AM

Go to HD audio panel and find playback device, you can see all enabled/disabled sound devices there. Check your sound device are being set correctly. Also go to your bios to check if there is onbaord audio to be set enabled.
m
l
!