Help! Not POSTing, No display

Biscuit_

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Hi,

Just finished building a new gaming rig, everything is wired correctly, however, there is no display on the monitor at-all. All that is showing is a solid black screen. The other components inside seem to be working fine, the fans, HDD, Optical drive, the lot. I believe it might be a problem with the graphics card in general, mainly because when it was delivered from Amazon, it was thrown over my back wall, so i was wondering if that could have broken it at all.

I have the speaker plugged into the MoBo, but it isn't beeping or showing POSTing sounds. The graphics card also seems to be working fine, the fan is spinning on it and the heat-pipes are getting hot.

This is really p***ing me off now, so...

Any suggestions ?

Did you install the 4 or 8 pin power connector to the motherboard? This is one of the easiest things to forget and it makes the system not power up right. It should show you what I am talking about in your manual.

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
How many RAM sticks are you trying to install & boot up with? Make sure they've all been installed properly (pushed all the way down & in the right slots), and if so, take them all out and try 1 at a time. See if it posts then...