Gaming PC Around 1000 Euro Advice

Vourligan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Hello Tom's Hardware community!

I'm gonna ask a local shop to custom build a new PC and while i have made some parts decision i would like you to have a look at them and give me an advice if i should improve or the opposite on parts.

-- So Around 1000Euro budget
-- Would like to get most parts from the shop cause im not pretty confident with installing them myself (At least for CPU, Mother Board)
-- Would prefer it to be quiet without sacrficing performance
-- Goal is a PC that can play Star Wars: The Old Republic smoothly and can handle upcoming Games.

So after some research i think the CPU will be i5 2500k @ 200 Euro

For GPU while the money allows i decided MSI Ge Force GTX 560-TI 1GB Twin FrozR II/OC @ 234 euro would be a good choice but i would like to hear your opinion too.

For Motherboard with my low knowledge i came into ASUS P8Z68-V LE @ 140 Euro Definitely could use some advice on that since there are many choice and im low informed. 6 audio jacks is a must for my choice.

For RAM the choices i have is ddr3 at 1333mhz coz thats the max 2500k CPU supports so i think G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) @ 47 Euro is good

For PSU i dont know exact power i need for this setup but i think CORSAIR TX650 V2 650W @ 94 Euro is good. (Damn you guys after all the reading i done about fail PSUs im moving to the high end ones!)

For CPU Cooler Either i ll keep the stock one or i ll get the Scythe Mugen 3 @ 45 Euro. i want something with low level of noice would like suggestion on this.

For PC Case I'm pretty lost but somehow i chose this one Antec Three Hundred Black @ 69 Euro

Finally for the Storage Options i would like some advice. Want around 1-2 TB for data music etc and a 60GB SDD for the games i think? So with my own research i came to these Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EARX 1.5TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive@ 157 Euro and Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III SSD @ 109 Euro.

So looking forward to your opinions and thanks for reading my post!

value21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Ram speed is motherboard dependent. And the motherboard you pick can handle it. Difference is neglible between 1600 and 1333 anyways when it comes to ram speed.
But it should be noted that they also really cost the same now. So no reason to not get 1600 if you can find them for the same price.

raptorxrx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

Ah, technically you are right. But in reality, it allows for OC'ing so it will run at that speed. No need to worry either way. You have already gotten good advice though, so I won't say much. Oh and one last thing. If you put your OS on a 60gb SSD, there won't be tons of room left over for games. Food for thought.

Vourligan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Figured! Thank god i dont play many games so will be fine :) Thanks for telling though.