Solved

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Memory Issue

Hello,
I recently purchased the majority of the parts from the $1000 system published here in august 2012. The computer posts, but when I place either of the two memory sticks into either A1 or A2 (the two slots closest to the CPU) I get a 4 beep error. According to ASRock, is a system timing error. To take advantage of the dual channel memory I need to place the two sticks into A1 B1 or A2 B2. Right now I can only place them both into B1 B2. Is there anything that I am missing here or is this an issue with the mobo?

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance
UEFI 2.20
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 GV-N670OC-2GD
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asrock fatal1ty memory issue
  1. If the PC won't boot unless the RAM is in B1/B2 and you've tested it with the sticks in A1/B1 and A2/B2, it sounds like you've got some faulty DIMMs over on the "A" side unfortunately.

I mean, you can try clearing your CMOS or swapping out the RAM for a spare set if you've got any on-hand, but again, I'd wager the mobo is simply defective.
  2. Best answer
    make sure your mb bios is up to date..also check for bent pins under the cpu. the memory controller is built into intel cpu.
  3. BIOS is up to date. It looks like there are two bent pins in the lower right of the pic I took. I guess at this point I should try to bend them back.

http://i.imgur.com/fLj9tZ6.jpg?1
  4. That did the trick! I was able to bend them back into place and the BIOS now picks them up in dual channel mode.

Thanks for the help!
  5. Best answer selected by SW1NDL3R.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Memory Motherboards