Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ECS MB BIOS updating failure

Last response: in Motherboards
January 19, 2013 8:50:23 PM

The BIOS upgrading of an ECS A785GM-M motherboard following ECS's instructions failed. The computer cannot reboot anymore. It does not even get to the POST screen.

Could anyone provide a tip on the remedy of this? This is my primary computer, so it is urgent.

Thanks a lot in advance!

More about : ecs bios updating failure

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
January 20, 2013 12:13:07 AM

Better get a replacement if the mobo is under warranty.
January 20, 2013 12:51:02 AM

Xttony said:
Better get a replacement if the mobo is under warranty.

Thanks for the response. I take it as normally not much can be done with the existing mobo to remedy it. I cannot afford to wait for the long replacement process, so I will go to a local (Boston) Micro Center tomorrow to get new set of mobo/CPU. Reinstalling everything will be a major pain.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2013 12:06:01 AM

Have you tried different ram cards, removing the hard drives and booting, resetting the bios?
m
l
January 21, 2013 6:56:00 PM

Xttony said:
Have you tried different ram cards, removing the hard drives and booting, resetting the bios?

I have pushed the "Clear CMOS" button a few times.

Windows 8 froze and showed a message saying it was collecting information because there was a hardware problem (I do not remember the exact message) after the update process finished erasing and when it was writing.

Anyway, I got an Asus motherboard and an Core i5. The system is working fine now.

Thank you for all the tips. I think the lesson learned from this is that for motherboards supporting AMD CPU, one should try to avoid running a Windows update application. I believe some Windows security feature ruined my update process. The safest way to update BIOS is USING a flash drive.
m
l
January 21, 2013 6:56:23 PM

Best answer selected by zipswich.
m
l
!