What Mobo should I get?

therabidwookiee

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
ok, currently... I have the asrock P67 extreme 4 generation 3 ( found here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265&Tpk=asrock%20p67%20extreme4%20gen3 )

i was trying to update drivers when after installign one, it asked me to reboot... well i did that and as its trying to boot it crashes.. and now its in a full blown crash cycle every time it goes past the BIOS screen. NO I cannot get into windows.. NO i can't even get into safe mode...i took it to best buy and they said they could try and fix it but it would be over $200.. so.. screw that.. so looks like now i am in the market for another mobo.. anyone have an idea of what i should get? The main usage for this PC is gaming.

here is what I want atleast.....

1155 intel socket (i have i5 2500k)
up to 32gigs ram
SLI for my two GTX 670 superclocked
enough room to fit my Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus heatsink

Xttony

Distinguished
Try these befoe buying a new board
Try to boot the system with another drive.
Reset the bios settings and boot with one card installed at a time.

Asrock z77 extreme 4 is a good board.
Gigabyte z77x up4 is also good.

therabidwookiee

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
When I get a new motherboard... will i have issues with installing and booting it up with my hard drive that was hooked up to the other motherboard? i didnt know if it saves stuff on the hard drive that will cause conflicts...

Xttony

Distinguished

There may be a problem with your windows activation if you change the motherboard. You have to call Microsoft to get this resolved. I think they will give you a new key or something, haven't tried it myself so don't know.

therabidwookiee

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Well a while back I replaced a motherboard, and I don't recall having any issues with Microsoft. I would be using the same hardrive and what not.