DanBrown

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I currently have a GTX 295 co-op and a GTX 260 1792mb. Is there any way to utilize the 260 (obviously not in SLI) to get some gains? Is it possible to use it for some CUDA and PhysX processing?

Solution
If the second card isn't fast enough it will actually SLOW DOWN your game. This has been tested extensively.

You would have to benchmark this. Batman AA is an ideal choice.

I'm not sure about CUDA. If you want the best quality however, do NOT use a graphics card anywhere in the conversion process. It's been tested extensively and the best quality is only achievable currently by using only the CPU. I don't however know the difference in quality. It definitely wouldn't matter if you where converting for an iPhone.
You can use it for Physix , I once spoke to a tech support person who told me that even though you are not doing SLI you should still use the SLI bridge because the cards should be connected to use the Physix feature. In the Nvidia control pannel you would simply choose the 260 as the card dedicated to Physix option.

If the second card isn't fast enough it will actually SLOW DOWN your game. This has been tested extensively.

You would have to benchmark this. Batman AA is an ideal choice.

I'm not sure about CUDA. If you want the best quality however, do NOT use a graphics card anywhere in the conversion process. It's been tested extensively and the best quality is only achievable currently by using only the CPU. I don't however know the difference in quality. It definitely wouldn't matter if you where converting for an iPhone.

Solution