Graphics card issue?

orangedude103

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
So my computer froze and these lines came across the screen while i was watching a youtube video. I turned off the computer and when i turned it back on this is what i saw.

WP_000295.jpg
[/img]

WP_000296.jpg

WP_000298.jpg

WP_000299.jpg

WP_000300.jpg

If i let it load it will go to the windows loading screen, but it will blue screen before the login screen. I can run it in safe mode, but there a bunch of horizontal lines on the screen making it difficult but not impossible to navigate. While in safe made i was able to uninstall, download, and reinstall the video card drivers but that didnt fix anything.

My brother who helped me build the computer says its probably a video card problem and he doesn't know if it is fixable. Just thought i would get some more opinions before i drop money on a new video card. I am currently using a 9800gt and windows 7 64 bit.

orangedude103

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
After this happened i blew out all the dust in my computer and i took the video card out and carefully dusted it as well. The fan still spin. According to speedfan my video card does run on the hotter side (can't recall how hot).

orangedude103

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
The card is over 3 years old and unfortunately i do not have another card to test with. I'm not really sure if it is the card but others i asked told me it is most likely my video card. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem might be?

GGTY

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
When you were in safe mode, did you uninstall and reinstall the drivers in one session with no reboots?

Try uninstalling the drivers and see if Windows will recognize the correct drivers in normal start up mode.

Can you capture the blue screen's message before it reboots?

TRENDING THREADS