Asus maximus v gene or z77 sabertooth

im planning to upgrade my gaming rig ^^ i wanna ask which of the two is better for gaming ^^
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus maximus gene sabertooth
  1. I'm not a fan of either of those premium motherboards but among those two, I'd go with the sabertooth (because it's a full-sized ATX).
  2. can somebody help me >.< I need the best answer
  3. help me choose >.<
  4. I would recommend the Maximus V Gene over the Sabertooth. I personally do not see the practically of the Themal Armor on Sabertooth.

And then I think you are generally better off with an ROG motherboard since you are building a Gaming PC. And the SupremeFXIII sound should be a bonus. Of course this comes in smaller uATX form factor.

(of course that's personal opinion)
  5. thanks ^^ does it look good in phantom red full tower?

i kinda want the maximus v formula :) but its expensive >.<
  6. I think mATX board does not look good in a huge case like the one you mentioned. But Maximus V Gene has a better overclock ability. It depends, but Maximus V Gene is a truly good board.
  7. >.< well i might go for amd am3+ motherboard crosshair v formula z.
    is there a big difference between dual 16x and dual 8x in gaming?
  8. Are you using/planning an Intel CPU or AMD CPU? You're not really making much sense here.
  9. i really want to go for intel >.< but since the maximus v gene will not look good in huge case like alex said and i forgot to say that i only like red and black theme in my build
  10. Best answer
    Maximus v gene, very good for gaming as it is built for gaming many features that are not on all motherboards just watch this tells you everything
  11. Best answer selected by xenonprime.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Gaming Sabertooth