Solved

Graphics Card Recommendation For Pentium Dual Core

Hello There, what graphics card would you recommend for a PC with a
Pentium Dual Core E5800 3.2 Ghz (i was able to overclock it to 3.4 GHZ on the BIOS)
4 GB DDR3
1366 x 768 LED monitor.
500 Watt Generic Power Supply

My son wants a card like a GTX 560 but should i?
I'm learning about computers and i need some advice.
Will that card be "bottlenecked" by this CPU?

For Some Games and HD Movies.

Thanks.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card recommendation pentium dual core
  1. Best answer
    for the resolution GTX550 Ti should be enough but you might need better PSU. GTX560 is simply overkill for such resolution but i think the cpu bottleneck is more a concern at such resolution with GTX560 with your current processor.
  2. All right, i will change the Power Supply, a GTX 550 Ti seems like a good idea but i don't get what you mean about the whole bottleneck situation, i've been reading and
    i still don't get it, you mean that at this resolution 1366 x 768 the processor is a bottleneck and the Graphics Card won't perform as it should?.
  3. normally at low resolution cpu will have more impact on gaming performance. it's not a big problem but it does hold the card true performance. the bottleneck effect can be simply reduce/eliminate by OCing the processor.
  4. Your system a C2D is very similar to mine but you went for the GTX460 do you play
    at 1080p resolution and that doesn't bottleneck?
  5. i played at 1600x900. at stock clock (2.93Ghz) my processor did bottleneck the card that's why i push my processor up to 3.6Ghz to eliminate the bottleneck effect
  6. Oh Well, i Just ordered the EVGA 550 ti and i'll get that PSU tomorrow,
    thanks renz496 you saved the day.
  7. Best answer selected by MrFunkFu.
  8. just make sure you get good quality PSU. corsair, antec, FSP group are few company that make good quality PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Pentium Graphics Cards Graphics