DVI has no Signal, but has gone to BIOS Setup Before

nectarrr

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
I recently built my first computer. When I finally got everything together, I tried to start the computer and everything worked except my monitor. It says "DVI no signal". I switched the cables to HDMI and it said it didn't have a signal either.

I reinstalled the RAM, put it in different slots. And it beeps when no RAM is installed. The right CPU connector is in (4 pin). Graphics card is secured and whenever I turn the system on, everything seems to work (except the Monitor).

Then all of a sudden, EVERYTHING worked. It went to BIOS, I kept restarting my computer, because I couldn't see which key to hit to go into BIOS. The last time I tried to restart, it now says DVI No Signal again.

I tried replugging all cables, thinking there has to be a loose cable somewhere. No fail. Did I made the mistake and repeatedly restarting the computer somehow messed it up?

These are my parts:
ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
COUGAR A-Series A560 (CGR B3-560) 560W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Ultra Quiet Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Please help!

mtech23

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I had the same problem with my VE248H. If it allows you to bring up the menu then select the reset option...I had to use a vga connection in order to see the display to reset mine it was very frustrating but eventually I got it running. Let me know if resetting it works.

nectarrr

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011

It won't let me go to the menu. The monitor does turn on where the logo shows, however when I press the menu button, nothing.

I've tried all cables that came with the monitor (VGA and DVI with VGA/HDMI adapter) and neither cables will let me go to the menu.

Is there any other way to reset the monitor besides the menu option?