Widcomm BT driver + HS HBH 300: no go :-(

Last response: in Technologies
Share
August 14, 2005 9:35:52 PM

Hi,

I am trying to pair my Sony headset HBH 300 with my Laptop to no avail.
The headset works fine with my Nokia 6210, and I can connect the phone
with my laptop using my Yakumo USB dongle (currently with the widcomm
4.0.1.2101 drivers) so I am sure that all hardware works.

If I search my bluetooth neighborhood I never can see the headset. The
phone shows up just fine, if present. The widcomm driver provide the
necessary headset profile.

What I tried so fare:

- tried all available widcomm drivers (1.3.x 1.4.x, 3.0.x, 4.0.x)
- different ways of installation (update existing, fresh install). The
driver seem to have replaced the MS bt-stack correctly.
- switch headset off/on to get it into connection mode
- installed an two different computers (both with Win XP SP2): same results.

Am I missing anything? Has anyone successfully used the HBH 300 with a
USB dongle (widcomm driver)? Any ideas/hints are welcome!

Thanx
Chris

More about : widcomm driver hbh 300

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:06:54 AM

Hi Chris,

yes it works fine here. I am usin the widcomm 4.0, but it did with the
olders as well.

Sorry to ask, but did you put the headset in recognition mode when you
initiated the connection to the laptop?

Uli

!