Sign in with
Your question

ATI HDMI audio not working with LCD TV.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 14, 2011 8:34:41 AM

ATI HDMI audio not working. It is set as default device but it is still not working. I am using windows 7 with radeon 3200 onboard graphics and I am connecting it to my samsung lcd tv.
It gives an error that the audio device you selected is currently turned off in windows.
Please help.
October 14, 2011 8:57:28 AM

Are the drivers updated to the latest ones?
October 14, 2011 10:51:59 AM

Also disable the audio to your speakers on your computer and make the LCD the primary display.
Related resources
October 14, 2011 12:21:38 PM

Disconnect the cable from the PC when the power is on both the tv and PC wait 10 seconds ad plug it back in
December 3, 2012 12:38:50 PM

I dealt with the same issue last night, and got it fixed. I new that it wasn't a card, TV, or cable issue because the machine dual boots to Server 2008 and the HDMI audio on that install worked perfectly. I tried many other strategies until I realized that the HDMI audio driver wasn't being updated when I downloaded the new drivers from ATI. I discovered this after I uninstalled the ATI drivers and realized that the audio device was still listed in the Device Manager as ATI. Using Device Manager I uninstalled the device, but it reinstalled itself a few moments later. So, I looked at its properties and found the name of the driver "AtiHtmi.sys". I did a search and found the file in two places:

C:\Windows\System32\
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\[ati subfolder name]

If I deleted the file from just the System32 folder the system healed itself by copying it from the FileRepository's subfolder. The FileRepository is a system folder, but if you are an admin and can take ownership of it's subfolder that contains the driver, you might be able to delete the backup driver's containing folder. I dual booted with Server 2008, so it was a bit easier for me.

Long story short--I uninstalled the ATI drivers, deleted the remaining ATI HDMI Audio drivers, rebooted, then installed the latest ATI drivers and it worked.

I hope this helps somebody else, too.
!