Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

PS3: BluRay or new universal format disc?

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • PlayStation
  • Format
  • Blu-ray
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 5:42:16 AM

With the two competing camps working on a universal format, will the PlayStation
3 still have a BluRay drive or one that supports the new format?

Galley

More about : ps3 bluray universal format disc

April 22, 2005 2:12:53 PM

"Galley" <Galley@Spam-Jammer.galleytech.com> wrote in message
> With the two competing camps working on a universal format, will the
> PlayStation
> 3 still have a BluRay drive or one that supports the new format?

Nobody knows yet. It was to have the bluray, but now things have changed.
If Sony change the disc from blueray to the new one they may have to start
the design from scratch to deal with the other technology. They could make
the drive read both discs, that way sony could keep the bluray. It would be
a shame to have all that money spent on development of the disc wasted.