Nvidia Driver fails and recovers. . .

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Drivers
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 14, 2011 1:51:10 PM

i'm just watching trailers in siliconera.com and my screen suddenly stops from moving and the sounds are like shredding repeatedly then there is notice from my windows that my nvidia drivers fails from loading and it recovers... it is normal? this is the first time it happened to me so I was surprised . . .

More about : nvidia driver fails recovers

a c 148 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 14, 2011 1:56:06 PM

if it happens quite often then maybe there was something wrong with your system...
m
l
October 14, 2011 2:05:57 PM

hmm its over 2 months from now and my computer is still new. . . im just worrying if there are any defects like my video card, coz it says nvidia so maybe my gtx 560 TF II has defects. . . i hope not T_T it still new not 1 month old...
m
l
a c 148 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 14, 2011 2:16:06 PM

it could be driver related. try play the video you watch before and see if the same problem occur. if nothing happen most likely your card are fine
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2011 4:12:29 PM

You mean the driver has crashed and has recovered error?

That's quite common with Nvidia and AMD cards, most likely a windows issue.

There really is no known fix other than re-installing windows and crossing your fingers.

I've had it several times myself but it seems to go away each time.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2011 4:20:42 PM

Don't panic.. this could be just a minor glitch, it happens!
I saw this happening with codecs for example, start worry only if this happening a lot
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2011 4:32:26 PM

Are you using FireFox? For some reason I had tons of those using FF (would systematically happen at least once an hour) and my machine wasn't even a month old; no problems in games whatsoever. I simply switched to Chrome and have no more crashed drivers ...
m
l
October 15, 2011 12:13:03 AM

yeah im using firefox :D 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2011 1:05:54 AM

shuin_exe said:
yeah im using firefox :D 
Then try Chrome and let me know; I never really like Chrome until I started disliking FF, what a shame.
m
l
October 15, 2011 1:50:20 AM

well, honestly I tried chrome like most a year and for some reason I encounter a "bug" that eats your memory like 5x than a normal process... I still not giving another try this chrome since I get my new rig about 2 months ago...
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:40:58 PM

shuin_exe said:
i'm just watching trailers in siliconera.com and my screen suddenly stops from moving and the sounds are like shredding repeatedly then there is notice from my windows that my nvidia drivers fails from loading and it recovers... it is normal? this is the first time it happened to me so I was surprised . . .

I bought a machine with NVidia thinking it would improve graphics. It doesn't. It just makes the computer unstable. I don't want to replace the computer yet since I want to wait for Windows 8 and the next Office rollout so I don't have to buy softward twice. But any computer I ever buy in the future will never have a graphics accelerator. Not only don't they work but they make the computer crash repeatedly.

Repeat... do not buy a computer with a Graphics accelerator other than the standard Wintel version. They don't work and will cause you problems.

I wish I could have read of these problems before I gave Toshiba my money so I hope to spare you from learning the hard way. Don't get a graphics accelerator. It's that simple.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 13, 2012 5:47:41 PM

JBCUMMING said:
I bought a machine with NVidia thinking it would improve graphics. It doesn't. It just makes the computer unstable. I don't want to replace the computer yet since I want to wait for Windows 8 and the next Office rollout so I don't have to buy softward twice. But any computer I ever buy in the future will never have a graphics accelerator. Not only don't they work but they make the computer crash repeatedly.

Repeat... do not buy a computer with a Graphics accelerator other than the standard Wintel version. They don't work and will cause you problems.

I wish I could have read of these problems before I gave Toshiba my money so I hope to spare you from learning the hard way. Don't get a graphics accelerator. It's that simple.

What are you talking about? Just because you got a faulty card it doesn't mean all graphics cards are bad. And yes, it does improve graphics.. try playing intensive games without graphics card :lol:  :lol: 
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:49:56 PM

I have a 460, so I don't know how much this applies to you, but I had problems with those driver crashes too. What I found out was it was a driver issue, I had to roll back to an older driver. Anytime I go past 275.33 driver, I will constantly have those crashes, now I haven't had any crash since. So you could try to go back to an older driver to see if that helps.
m
l
!