Sign in with
Your question

Old components with new graphics card?

Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2011 10:05:55 PM

I built my pc about 5 years ago, i stopped play pc game a while ago. recently i been getting back into playing PC gaming. I originally had a Nvidia GTS 8800. A few weeks ago i upgraded to a GTX 460 786 mb till i can save up and completely rebuild a new pc. I did alot of reading and alot of people said that the GTX 460 was a really good card for its price and can push alot of games pretty well with no problems. i been trying to play Skyrim and Saints Row 3 and the card seems like it has a hard time with 20-30fps even after over clocking it with afterburner and it doesnt improve it much about 5-10 fps but will drop back to low 20's. im mainly wondering even with a good graphics card can old parts make the GPU run like crap? i had no problem running Crysis when i first built it. My system consist of.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6850 3.0GHz
4GB ram
Gigabyte EX38-DS4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The only thing i can think of that on Newegg it says my Motherbord is Certified for Windows Vista. but i dont know if that will effect anything. i would appreciate any help. Thanks
December 10, 2011 10:53:33 PM

What resolution are you playing at ? What settings are you using ? All on high/ultra ?
Do you have all the power connectors connected to the card ? The 460 has 2x6 pin connectors that have to be connected.
m
l
!