wilcoxon

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
From what I can find, the P182 is nearly identical to the P180B except it has cable management. Is that correct?

I'm suddenly in need of a case quickly (UPS killed the one I ordered from NewEgg) and MicroCenter has the P182 and P180B for the same price.

Kabobi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
182 is also different color, its kind of a gunpowder color. I saw the deal on microcenter and its looks pretty good. I'll probebly pick up a 182 in a month or so.

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Yeah I live in the middle of nowhere...seriously I doubt if my town has 2000 people. Anyway I have to have everything shipped here, so I know how you feel about smashed goods.

wilcoxon

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Just an update and a question.

I picked up the P182 last night and it looks nice. The cable management will definitely come in handy.

I did notice one downgrade from the P180B to the P182 (at least according to the manuals). The P180B manual says that the lower chamber fan is a high-volume lower-speed Tri-Cool but the P182 manual says it is a normal (high-speed) Tri-Cool fan.

Are the fan speed controllers on the back of the case normal voltage regulation or are these proprietary to the Antec Tri-Cool fans? I bought Noctuas to replace the Tri-Cools so I'm not sure if the controls are of any use to me.

PS. While picking up the P182 ($159) last night, it sounded like MicroCenter was marking down the P180B (to something less than $159).

nilepez

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I know this is an old thread, but it's as good a thread as any to post this:

There's no difference between a P182 and a P180B that I can see. I have both sitting here and the only difference is the case color. The chassis appear to be the same and I would wager that if I knew how to take the front door off, I could take the outer panel from one and slap it on the other.

Both have wire routing. Both the same fans (AFAICT), both have holes for routing wires and both have a 2 black ties for holding wires in place.

If you were to get the non-black P180, you might get an old version (unlikely at this point) that doesn't have these features, but all of the black ones are the new version, as the original P180B was only available via silentpcreview.com

I'm actually torn on which to keep and which to use for my parents build. I like both, but I kinda think I like the P180B better.

Anyway, for those who are torn, the only thing to worry about is whether you want a Gun Metal Grey or a Black Front Door and side panels. I also recommend waiting for it to go on sale. It's regularly $70.00 AR and sometimes 20 or 25 bucks less than that.