Admin Login

August 25, 2004 1:53:07 AM

How can I force the Administrator Login to appear in the Welcome Screen....
along with the (single) regular user of this pc?

I simply want both to display if possible.

More about : admin login

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 3:33:08 AM

Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
to set it through control panel - User accounts

-----Original Message-----
From: JCO [mailto:joliviero@hotmail.com]
Posted At: 24 August 2004 22:53
Posted To: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
Conversation: Admin Login
Subject: Admin Login

How can I force the Administrator Login to appear in the Welcome
Screen....
along with the (single) regular user of this pc?

I simply want both to display if possible.
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 8:58:49 PM

It is set as a Workgroup.... if that is your question.
It is my daughters computer running XP Pro. Currently she has Admin rights.
But when the Welcome screen us up, only her login (and icon) displays.

I know I can go thru the User Accounts and get rid of the welcome screen,
however, that is the way she wants it. I really don't want the login box,
just a login off of the welcome screen.

I think, if I change her to a regular user, then the Admin will always
display..giving two options on the Welcome Screen. I don't want to changer
her user rights either. I also realize, with her as an Admin, I should be
able to do everything from her account too.

I still would like both to display on the Welcome Screen (I know... weird
question).

"Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
> Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
> to set it through control panel - User accounts

August 25, 2004 10:48:25 PM

Tweak UI can force it to be shown. Look under Logon to switch it and others
on and off. Link follows:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D z3Xc.354$RQ4.126@trnddc09...
> It is set as a Workgroup.... if that is your question.
> It is my daughters computer running XP Pro. Currently she has Admin
> rights.
> But when the Welcome screen us up, only her login (and icon) displays.
>
> I know I can go thru the User Accounts and get rid of the welcome screen,
> however, that is the way she wants it. I really don't want the login box,
> just a login off of the welcome screen.
>
> I think, if I change her to a regular user, then the Admin will always
> display..giving two options on the Welcome Screen. I don't want to
> changer
> her user rights either. I also realize, with her as an Admin, I should be
> able to do everything from her account too.
>
> I still would like both to display on the Welcome Screen (I know... weird
> question).
>

> "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
>> Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
>> to set it through control panel - User accounts

August 27, 2004 7:05:44 PM

How to Add the Administrator Account to the Welcome Screen

Like to use the Welcome screen to log on, but annoyed because the
administrator account doesn't appear as one of the choices? Here's how to
add it:

1.. Click Start | Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
2.. Navigate to the following key:
HKEY LOCAL
MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
3.. Right click in the right pane and select New | DWORD value
4.. Create a value and name it Administrator
5.. Assign a data value of 1.
6.. Close the Registry Editor.
7.. Reboot the computer.
Or just do ctrl+alt+del three times when the welcome screen is up, and you
will get a login dialog.

"Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
> Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
> to set it through control panel - User accounts

August 29, 2004 4:53:59 AM

Thanks, I will let you know how that works.

"Brother Numepsy" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> How to Add the Administrator Account to the Welcome Screen
>
> Like to use the Welcome screen to log on, but annoyed because the
> administrator account doesn't appear as one of the choices? Here's how to
> add it:
>
> 1.. Click Start | Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
> 2.. Navigate to the following key:
> HKEY LOCAL

MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\
UserList
> 3.. Right click in the right pane and select New | DWORD value
> 4.. Create a value and name it Administrator
> 5.. Assign a data value of 1.
> 6.. Close the Registry Editor.
> 7.. Reboot the computer.
> Or just do ctrl+alt+del three times when the welcome screen is up, and you
> will get a login dialog.
>

> "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
> > to set it through control panel - User accounts

August 29, 2004 11:30:54 PM

This works great. That is what I wanted.!

!