    -----Original Message-----
    From: JCO [mailto:joliviero@hotmail.com]
    Posted At: 24 August 2004 22:53
    Posted To: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
    Conversation: Admin Login
    Subject: Admin Login

    How can I force the Administrator Login to appear in the Welcome
    Screen....
    along with the (single) regular user of this pc?

    I simply want both to display if possible.

    It is set as a Workgroup.... if that is your question.
    It is my daughters computer running XP Pro. Currently she has Admin rights.
    But when the Welcome screen us up, only her login (and icon) displays.

    I know I can go thru the User Accounts and get rid of the welcome screen,
    however, that is the way she wants it. I really don't want the login box,
    just a login off of the welcome screen.

    I think, if I change her to a regular user, then the Admin will always
    display..giving two options on the Welcome Screen. I don't want to changer
    her user rights either. I also realize, with her as an Admin, I should be
    able to do everything from her account too.

    I still would like both to display on the Welcome Screen (I know... weird
    question).

    "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
    > to set it through control panel - User accounts

    Tweak UI can force it to be shown. Look under Logon to switch it and others
    on and off. Link follows:

    " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It is set as a Workgroup.... if that is your question.
    > It is my daughters computer running XP Pro. Currently she has Admin
    > rights.
    > But when the Welcome screen us up, only her login (and icon) displays.
    >
    > I know I can go thru the User Accounts and get rid of the welcome screen,
    > however, that is the way she wants it. I really don't want the login box,
    > just a login off of the welcome screen.
    >
    > I think, if I change her to a regular user, then the Admin will always
    > display..giving two options on the Welcome Screen. I don't want to
    > changer
    > her user rights either. I also realize, with her as an Admin, I should be
    > able to do everything from her account too.
    >
    > I still would like both to display on the Welcome Screen (I know... weird
    > question).
    >

    > "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
    >> Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
    >> to set it through control panel - User accounts

    How to Add the Administrator Account to the Welcome Screen

    Like to use the Welcome screen to log on, but annoyed because the
    administrator account doesn't appear as one of the choices? Here's how to
    add it:

    1.. Click Start | Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    2.. Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY LOCAL
    MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
    3.. Right click in the right pane and select New | DWORD value
    4.. Create a value and name it Administrator
    5.. Assign a data value of 1.
    6.. Close the Registry Editor.
    7.. Reboot the computer.
    Or just do ctrl+alt+del three times when the welcome screen is up, and you
    will get a login dialog.

    "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
    > to set it through control panel - User accounts

    Thanks, I will let you know how that works.

    "Brother Numepsy" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > How to Add the Administrator Account to the Welcome Screen
    >
    > Like to use the Welcome screen to log on, but annoyed because the
    > administrator account doesn't appear as one of the choices? Here's how to
    > add it:
    >
    > 1.. Click Start | Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    > 2.. Navigate to the following key:
    > HKEY LOCAL

    MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\
    UserList
    > 3.. Right click in the right pane and select New | DWORD value
    > 4.. Create a value and name it Administrator
    > 5.. Assign a data value of 1.
    > 6.. Close the Registry Editor.
    > 7.. Reboot the computer.
    > Or just do ctrl+alt+del three times when the welcome screen is up, and you
    > will get a login dialog.
    >

    > "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
    > > Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
    > > to set it through control panel - User accounts

    This works great. That is what I wanted.!

    "Brother Numepsy" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > How to Add the Administrator Account to the Welcome Screen
    >
    > Like to use the Welcome screen to log on, but annoyed because the
    > administrator account doesn't appear as one of the choices? Here's how to
    > add it:
    >
    > 1.. Click Start | Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    > 2.. Navigate to the following key:
    > HKEY LOCAL

    MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\
    UserList
    > 3.. Right click in the right pane and select New | DWORD value
    > 4.. Create a value and name it Administrator
    > 5.. Assign a data value of 1.
    > 6.. Close the Registry Editor.
    > 7.. Reboot the computer.
    > Or just do ctrl+alt+del three times when the welcome screen is up, and you
    > will get a login dialog.
    >

    > "Kieran Briggs [MCP - Win XP]" <kbriggs@njssolutions.com> wrote in message
    > > Is the computer in a domain environment? If not then you should be able
    > > to set it through control panel - User accounts

Configuration Login Microsoft Customization Windows XP