Physx not working

mario enoch

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I'm using geforce gtx 550Ti Gpu. i have dis big headache, physx is not working in my Gpu. i tried all possible ways. the problem is not wit the control panel. i have enabled physx in the control panel. have installed the latest physx software as well. i don't get the option in the game display settings to on/off Hardware accelerated physx. can anyone help me out here?

are you sure you already installed physx software? what version is your Batman: AA? AFAIK you need version 1.1 to enable gpu accelerated physx for the game

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Tried the game-launcher setup or in-game setup?
I saw that option in game-launcher setup, if ur game is from steam, and entering directly ingame, look for the file bmlauncher (or something) and execute that one

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Another option is to uninstall through control panel all nvidia related software/drivers etc. Reset PC
Grab only the latest nvidia driver (since it's packed with drivers, physx, etc) and install only that one. Try to execute Batman again.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Is Batman Arkham Asylum fully patched and up to date?

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
@mario enoch:
Just remembered
Tried a clean install?
Grab latest drivers, select advanced,personalized install or something like that, and check clean install. It should wipe out all nvidia stuff. Reset PC. And install all again

mario enoch

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
do you think there is a problem wit da game . becoz i uninstalled all previous nvidia drivers and downloaded the latest drivers installed them and still its da same.
i tried dis be4 itself.

Just use FluidMark to check if it's working after making changes (reinstalling drivers, etc). It'll be faster and more reliable than a game.

You need to have CUDA enabled on the GPU in the Nvidia control panel and the most up to date drivers.

If you get it working in Fluidmark then it's something with the game that's the problem. If Fluidmark doesn't do GPU physics (it can run on CPU, but you'll notice) then it's probably something wrong with the PhysX drivers. Sometimes you need to copy the physx .dll files into the game/app folder to replace what's there. They're named like Physxloader.dll, cudart32.dll, physxcore.dll, etc.

BlackHawk91

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Make sure to assign the PhysX to the GPU in the Nvidia control panel. (Don't use the"Auto" or the CPU options). If that does not work, uninstall all the nvidia drivers and download the latest from their website. If you have the old AGEIA PhysX drivers, unistall them all.

bigkid666999

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

I'm having the same problem, and I'm running a pair of 590's! Once you disable PhysX it all goes away. As you can probably imagine, I'm not buying Arkham City until blog posts confirm to me that the new game doesn't have the same ***-up.